Shop Manager, Helen & Douglas House, Wantage
- Post date
- 19 October 2017
- Closing date
- 14 January 2018
- Contact email
Looking for an exciting new challenge in retail? Are you an experienced, talented shop manager who wants to lead a small team in a local charity shop? Join our team and you will build the business, increase profit and help fund the care of local children and young adults with life-shortening conditions and support for their families.
We are looking for a special person who is commercially focused, has a passion to outperform the competition and aims to give great service and an experience that will have customers coming back for more.
As a shop manager you will be running your own retail unit. You will decide how you promote the goods and how the shop looks. You will be responsible for recruiting and managing a team of volunteers.
Added benefits? Generous annual leave and the opportunity to join a pension scheme.
Helen & Douglas House is a children’s and young adults’ hospice service based in Oxford. The charity has a network of shops across Oxfordshire and surrounding counties. These shops are part of a multi-million pound fundraising programme.
Who we are looking for:
You will be a people focused, excellent communicator with real flair and a passion to succeed. Our shops are open 7 days-a-week and the role will require you to work regular weekends – Saturday and Sunday. You will need to be flexible, as working patterns will change regularly, subject to the needs of the business and the levels of staff and volunteers available to work.
We would love to hear from you if you have the following skills and experience:
- Educated to GCSE level (or equivalent) with passes in English and Maths
- Experience in a customer facing environment and the ability to deliver excellent customer service
- Experience of developing and implementing plans to maximise sales potential
- Strong organisational and administration skills
- Experience of managing teams effectively in a variety of retail sectors and/or management experience within a charity shop would be an advantage
- Computer literate
Your normal working pattern will change each week, subject to the needs of the business and the levels of staff and volunteers available to work, and will involve a significant element of weekend working.
Interested? Please note:
- We cannot accept applications by CV. To be considered for this role please apply via our website.
- The closing date for applications is 2nd November 2017 and interviews will be held on 10th November at Douglas House, Magdalen Road, Oxford, OX4 1RW.
Salary DescriptionBand 3 (£16,968-£19,852) depending on experience
Permanent - Full Time
Closing Date: 02/11/2017
See the job description for further details. If you have any questions please contact the Recruitment Team E: firstname.lastname@example.org T: 01865 794749.
Helen & Douglas House is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All applications must be made online. Please click or copy and paste this link to apply: