Hall & Woodhouse
Our partnership with leading independent brewery Hall & Woodhouse is now well into its second year and has raised an amazing £144,372 to support children with a life-limiting illness and their families and is on track to reach the £200,000 goal.
Fifty-two Hall & Woodhouse public houses are taking part across the South of England, raising funds and awareness for six local children’s hospices. Fundraising activities in 2017 have included quiz nights, dog shows, fancy dress, wing-walking, cake bakes, the Dorset Beer Festival, and lots more!
The flagship event of the year, the “Hall & Woodhouse 6 Tors Trek” took place in Dartmoor in May. 31 team members from across the business, including Chairman Mark Woodhouse, completed the 20km route and raised a fantastic £7863.
The six children’s hospices directly benefiting from the partnership, which aims to raise enough to fund 10,000 hours of local children’s hospice care over the course of the two-year partnership are:
- Chestnut Tree House
- Children’s Hospice South West
- Demelza Hospice Care for Children
- Julia’s House
- Naomi House & Jacksplace
- Shooting Star Chase
Lucinda Gray, sixth-generation Woodhouse family member and Hall & Woodhouse Charity Champion, commented: “As a company that places community at the heart of our business, supporting worthy causes is very important to Hall & Woodhouse. The incredible work of Together for Short Lives touches so many lives and helps so many families, so we are proud to have so many of our public houses backing the campaign.
“Having raised a phenomenal £248,000 for Macmillan in 2013 and 2014, I know our team and guests will do everything we can to exceed that amount over the next two years.”
Upcoming 2017 fundraising events:
- This September the hardiest H&W team members will be hurtling over 2000m along Europe’s largest Zipzone at the Llechwedd Slate Caverns.
- In the run-up to Hallowe’en teams will be celebrating with their spookiest fancy dress and pumpkin hunts.
- As the 2017 festive season approaches each H&W public house will be creating their own Winter Wonderland to help celebrate with their guests. Look out for activities aimed at guests of every age!
Hall & Woodhouse teams have raised money through events including:
- The 6 Tors of Dartmoor 20km Trek on 16 May raised £7863.
- A Frank Sinatra tribute evening at the Goffs Manor, Southgate in July 2017.
- The annual H&W Portishead Dog Show in June 2017 raised £600.
- The Great Baldini Magic night in February 2017 was a great success, raising over £5,000!
- A hardy team from The Hangleton Manor Inn aimed to cover 777 miles on a static bike over three days in November 2016 – they surpassed that and aimed for 1000 miles, raising over £800.
- A 16-strong team from The Milk Churn in Melksham took on a 900-mile stationary bike cycle, riding the equivalent of John O’Groats to Lands’ End in August 2016.
- A team of brave H&W staff went the extra mile by taking part in sponsored skydives in sumer 2016, raising a fantastic £6,183.
- All 52 houses held fundraiser coffee mornings and the £9,997 raised from Hall & Woodhouse’s annual Beer Festival in June 2016 were donated to Together for Short Lives.
SUPurban marathon - 26 August
Ryan Cobb, Safety and Quality Standards Ambassador at Hall &Woodhouse will be raising money by completing a 26 mile Stand Up Paddleboard (SUP) marathon along the river Wey and Thames. The event on Saturday 26 August will see Ryan take on winding rivers, locks and the unpredictable British summertime.
Ryan has planned the event as a solo challenge but welcomes anyone to join him along the route. At the end of the marathon route, EPICSUP Club near Twickenham will be offering a range of taster and demonstration sessions for anyone interested in trying Stand Up Paddleboarding. To find out more visit https://www.facebook.com/SUPurban1/.
Ryan said: "Paddleboarding may appear to be easy, but believe me this is a full body workout that burns around 700 calories an hour. 26 miles in a single day will be a test of strength, fitness, and balance. Before setting this challenge my longest SUP journey was 7.5 miles around Brownsea Island in Poole Harbour. Please show your SUPport and follow my story on facebook at SUPurban and join me on the day."
To sponsor Ryan visit https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/supurban.
To find out more about Hall & Woodhouse, visit their website and to find out how your company can make a lifetime of difference to families in desperate need, call Beccy Fellows on 0117 989 7828 or email email@example.com.