Hall & Woodhouse
Now in its second year, our partnership with leading independent brewery Hall & Woodhouse has already raised an amazing £116,800 to support children with a life-limiting illness and their families and is on track to reach the £200,000 goal
Fifty-three Hall & Woodhouse public houses are taking part across the South of England, raising funds and awareness for six local children’s hospices.
Fundraising activities in 2017 include quiz nights, cake bakes, beer festivals, zip wire challenges and lots more!
The six children’s hospices directly benefiting from the partnership, which aims to raise enough to fund 10,000 hours of local children’s hospice care over the course of the two-year partnership are:
- Chestnut Tree House
- Children’s Hospice South West
- Demelza Hospice Care for Children
- Julia’s House
- Naomi House & Jacksplace
- Shooting Star Chase
Lucinda Gray, sixth-generation Woodhouse family member and Hall & Woodhouse Charity Champion, commented:
As a company that places community at the heart of our business, supporting worthy causes is very important to Hall & Woodhouse. The incredible work of Together for Short Lives touches so many lives and helps so many families, so we are proud to have so many of our public houses backing the campaign. Having raised a phenomenal £248,000 for Macmillan in 2013 and 2014, I know our team and guests will do everything we can to exceed that amount over the next two years.
Upcoming 2017 fundraising events:
- 16th May is the date adventurous H&W teams will be taking part in the 6 Tors of Dartmoor event, a 20km fundraising trek in a stunning part of the country.
- 22 – 28 May marks Children’s Hospice Week Children’s Hospice Week and H&W teams are turning up the volume on their clothes, their hair and their fundraising activities to help support our annual awareness and fundraising week!
- 24th June sees H&W’s annual Dorset Beer Festival taking place at The Brewery in Blandford St Mary – with hot food, live music and lots of fun activities. Visit www.hallwoodhousebeerfest.com for tickets and more information.
Hall & Woodhouse teams have raised money through events including:
- The Great Baldini Magic night in February 2017 was a great success, raising over £5,000!
- A hardy team from The Hangleton Manor Inn aimed to cover 777 miles on a static bike over three days in November 2016 – they surpassed that and aimed for 1000 miles, raising over £800.
- A 16-strong team from The Milk Churn in Melksham took on a 900-mile stationary bike cycle, riding the equivalent of John O’Groats to Lands’ End in August 2016.
- A team of brave H&W staff went the extra mile by taking part in sponsored skydives over the summer, raising a fantastic £6,183.
- All 54 houses held fundraiser coffee mornings and the £9,997 raised from Hall & Woodhouse’s annual Beer Festival in June 2016 were donated to Together for Short Lives.
To find out more about Hall & Woodhouse, visit their website and to find out how your company can make a lifetime of difference to families in desperate need, call Bev Mackenzie on 0117 989 7828 or email email@example.com.