Hall & Woodhouse
In 2015 we launched a fantastic two-year partnership with Hall & Woodhouse. Hall & Woodhouse is a leading independent British brewery founded in 1777 in Dorset, operating over two hundred and fifty public houses in the south of England, and brew under the name Badger Brewery.
A vote from team members, selected Together for Short Lives as the new charity partner for the next two years. The partnership aims to raise £250,000, and make a huge difference to the lives of seriously ill children and their families across southern England.
Fifty-four Hall & Woodhouse public houses are taking part, raising funds and awareness for six local children’s hospices. Fundraising activities will include quiz nights, cake bakes, beer festivals, skydives, and much much more.
To launch the partnership, all fifty-four public houses took part in PubAid, the world’s biggest quiz. The six children’s hospices directly benefiting from the partnership are:
- Chestnut Tree House
- Children’s Hospice South West
- Demelza Hospice Care for Children
- Julia’s House
- Naomi House & Jacksplace
- Shooting Star Chase
Lucinda Gray, sixth-generation Woodhouse family member and Hall & Woodhouse Charity Champion, commented: “As a company that places community at the heart of our business, supporting worthy causes is very important to Hall & Woodhouse. The incredible work of Together for Short Lives touches so many lives and helps so many families, so we are proud to have so many of our public houses backing the campaign.
“Having raised a phenomenal £248,000 for Macmillan in 2013 and 2014, I know our team and guests will do everything we can to exceed that amount over the next two years.”
Upcoming fundraising events
- On Friday 10th February The Magical Cabaret Dinner is being held at The Brewery in Blandford St.Mary. There are a host of fantastic prizes to be won in their silent auction, including an amazing holiday to Florida!
- On Tuesday 16th May adventurous teams of H&W colleagues will be taking part in the 7 Tors of Dartmoor walk.
Just some of the events that Hall & Woodhouse have been involved in so far:
- A hardy team from The Hangleton Manor Inn aimed to cover 777 miles on a static bike over three days in November 2016 – they surpassed that and aimed for 1000 miles, raising over £800.
- A 16-strong team from The Milk Churn in Melksham took on a 900-mile stationary bike cycle, riding the equivalent of John O’Groats to Lands’ End in August 2016.
- A team of brave H&W staff went the extra mile by taking part in sponsored skydives over the summer, raising a fantastic £6,183.
- All 54 houses held fundraiser coffee mornings and the £9,997 raised from Hall & Woodhouse’s annual Beer Festival in June 2016 were donated to Together for Short Lives.
To find out more about Hall & Woodhouse, visit their website and to find out how your company can make a lifetime of difference to families in desperate need, call Bev Mackenzie on 0117 989 7828 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.