On 1 October 2011 Children's Hospices UK (registered charity number 1103795) merged with ACT (registered charity number 1075541) and all its activities and assets were transferred to the new charity, Together for Short Lives on that date. Our registered charity number in England and Wales is (1144022) and Scotland (SC044139). Any donations made to Children's Hospices UK after that date will be passed onto the new charity Together for Short Lives.
Access to and use of this site is provided by Together for Short Lives subject to the following terms and conditions:
1. Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions, which take effect on the date of your first use of the site.
2. Together for Short Lives reserves the right to change the terms and conditions at any time by posting changes online. Your continued use of the site after changes are posted constitutes acceptance of this agreement as modified by the posted changes.
3. All rights reserved; no part of this website, including information, images, photos, logos, names and icons may be copied, republished, posted, broadcast or reproduced in any form whatsoever without the prior written permission of the copyright holders. Documents on the site may not be downloaded, altered or adapted for any purpose except for personal, non-commercial use.
4. The existence of a link from any organisation's site to the Together for Short Lives site does not imply that Together for Short Lives endorses the activities or views of that organisation.
5. Trade marks: the names, images and logos identifying Together for Short Lives UK or third parties and their products and services are the proprietary marks of the Together for Short Lives and/or third parties as appropriate. Nothing contained therein shall be construed as conferring by implication, estoppel or otherwise any licence or right under any trademark or patent of Together for Short Lives or any third party.
6 Photography: please contact our communications team if you would like to use any of the photography shown on this site for publication.
7 You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes, and in a manner which does not infringe the rights of, or restrict, or inhibit the use and enjoyment of this site by any third party. Such restriction and inhibition includes, without limitation, conduct which is unlawful or which may harass or cause distress or inconvenience to any person and the transmission of obscene or offensive material or disruption of normal flow of dialogue within this site.
8 This site and the information, names images, photographs, logos and icons regarding or relating to Together for Short Lives, its products and services (or to third party products and services) is provided 'AS IS' and on an 'IS AVAILABLE' basis without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
9. Together for Short Lives does not accept liability for any damages, including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, or loss of profits, or any damages whatsover arising out of or in connection with the use or loss of use of this site.
10. Together for Short Lives does not warrant that the functions contained in the material included in this site will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, accuracy or reliability of the materials.
12. If any of these terms and conditions should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these terms and conditions are intended to be effective, then to the extent to and within the jurisdiction in which that term and condition is illegal, invalid and unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from this clause and the remaining terms and conditions shall survive, remain in full force and continue to be binding and enforceable.
13. These terms and conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any disputes arising here from shall be exclusively subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
14. If these terms and conditions are not accepted in full, the use of this site must be terminated immediately.
15. Any questions regarding this site should be sent to the Together for Short Lives communications team.
16. We use Google Analytics to evaluate how well our website is working. Google Analytics sets cookies to help us accurately estimate the number of visitors to the website and volumes of usage. This to ensure that the service is available when you want it and fast.
17. Cookies Policy
Together for Short Lives Cookies Policy
18. Information Standard certification: Together for Short Lives shall hold responsibility for the accuracy of the information they publish and neither the Scheme Operator nor the Scheme Owner shall have any responsibility whatsoever for costs, losses or direct or indirect damages or costs arising from inaccuracy of information or omissions in information published on the website on behalf of Together for Short Lives.