Make every step count by joining Together for Short Lives for the Edinburgh full or half marathon, 10K or 5K runs. The course is fast & flat, ideal if it’s your first marathon or you are looking for a PB, and allows you to take in some of Edinburgh’s most iconic landmarks as well as offering picturesque views along the East Lothian coastline. The Edinburgh Marathon has sold out every year since 2008 and is the second largest marathon in the UK, behind only London.
Please note the registration fee and sponsorship detailed above is for the 10km race, please see the individual races below.
- Edinburgh Marathon – 27 May 2018
- Registration fee: £30. Minimum sponsorship: £500.
- Enjoy a fantastic all-encompassing route which takes in some of Edinburgh’s most iconic landmarks as well as offering picturesque views along the East Lothian coastline.
- Edinburgh Half Marathon – 27 May 2018
- Registration fee: £30. Minimum sponsorship: £300.
- Directly preceding the Marathon, the EMF Half follows the same fast and flat route, offering genuine PB potential. This increasingly popular race distance is a fantastic alternative for those that don’t fancy the big 26.2!
- Edinburgh 10km – 26 May 2018
- Registration fee: £20. Minimum sponsorship: £150.
- The 10K falls on the Saturday of the Edinburgh Marathon Festival weekend and is run in the stunning surroundings of Holyrood Park. Starting and finishing near Dynamic Earth, this route offers striking panoramic views of the city and Edinburgh Castle.
- Edinburgh 5km – 26 May 2018
- Registration fee: £10. Minimum sponsorship: £100.
- The 5km also takes place on the Saturday of the Edinburgh Marathon Festival weekend and this beautiful scenic route takes you around Holyrood Park in the heart of Edinburgh.
You CAN hit that sponsorship target!
Don’t be overwhelmed by the sponsorship, you’ll make it and who knows – you may even smash it!
As well as asking friends, family and colleagues for donations, you can also organise extra fundraising activities to reach your goal. When you sign up, you’ll receive a fundraising pack which has loads of ideas to help get you started. It’s split into two sections; covering quick fundraising ideas for busy people and larger fundraising activities such as setting up a pub quiz.
We are always here to help support you in reaching your goal, so feel free to get in touch with us any time. If you have any questions or concerns please contact Karen Yates on email@example.com.