We have an opportunity for a Retail Assistant Shop Manager to join our busy team based in Oxford – Summertown on a Part-Time, Permanent basis working 22.5 hours per week. You will hit the ground running in this busy, people-focused role and in return we can offer you a competitive salary of £18,270 to £21,315 pro rata per annum. You will ideally come from a charity retail or mainstream retail background.
As an Assistant Shop Manager, you will be an integral part of the team and will work with the Shop Manager and team of volunteers to maximise the shop’s sales & profits and be an ambassador for Helen & Douglas House, supporting & endorsing the aims and objectives of the charity. This is achieved by applying entrepreneurial skills and by putting the shop at the heart of the community.
Your normal working pattern will change each week, subject to the needs of the business and the levels of staff and volunteers available to work, and will involve a significant element of weekend working
Skills we are looking for in our Assistant Shop Manager:
- educated to GCSE level with passes in English and Maths
- experience in a customer facing environment and the ability to deliver excellent customer service
- experience of developing and implementing plans to maximise sales potential
- strong organisational and administration skills
- computer literate
- ability and confidence to manage staff in a variety of situations
- experience of managing staff teams in a variety of retail sectors and/or management experience within a Charity Shop would be an advantage
Please note the closing date for the Assistant Shop Manager role is Sunday 27th June 2021.
If you would like to join us as our Assistant Shop Manager, please follow this link to apply today:
Helen & Douglas House is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We are an equal opportunities employer and value the benefits of a diverse workforce. We positively encourage applications from all areas of the community.