We are looking for an Assistant Shop Manager who is friendly and approachable, to assist the Shop Manager in the day to day operation and performance of the shop, while supporting the Shop Manager in meeting targets through excellent customer service, effective planning, good merchandising and stock control, housekeeping, furniture operation and volunteer cover.
With Helen & Douglas House outlet you will be helping to run your own retail unit, making decisions over how you promote the goods, your shop layout and what is in your window display. You will also have responsibility for recruiting and effectively managing the team of volunteers that support the shop and make life in our shops diverse and dynamic. The role will require you to work regular weekends – Saturdays and Sundays.
Helen & Douglas House, the world’s first children’s hospice and based in Oxford, has a network of 29 retail outlets across the extended local area. These shops are central to our multi-million pound fundraising programme and you could become a key part in making a real difference to the lives of children and their wider families.
Who we are looking for:
Our Assistant Shop Managers hit the ground running in this busy, people focused role in an outlet that is open 7 days a week. The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Educated to GCSE level (or equivalent) with passes in English and Maths
- Experience in a customer facing environment and the ability to deliver excellent customer service
- Experience of developing and implementing plans to maximise sales potential
- Strong organisational and administration skills
- Computer literate
- Experience of managing staff teams effectively in a variety of retail sectors and/or management experience within a Charity Shop would be an advantage
- You will need a flexible approach to working hours and days including working Saturdays, Sundays and Bank Holidays as appropriate and when required.
- We are also able to offer the opportunity to enrol in a pension scheme and offer a generous annual leave allocation.
Your normal working pattern will change each week, subject to the needs of the business and the levels of staff and volunteers available to work, and will involve a significant element of weekend working.
Closing date for applications is Midnight on the 9th February 2020. Interviews will be held at our Oxford office.
For further details please see the job description and if you have any questions about the role please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Recruitment Team on 01865 794749.
Please note that we do not accept applications by way of CVs.
Helen & Douglas House is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Apply online at https://candidate.helenanddouglascareers.org.uk/106800TSL