You will be working as part of the Helen House care team, caring for children and their families on a bank contract, alongside registered children’s nurses and within a multi-disciplinary team.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our team that focuses on delivering excellent care for our patients and families. In this palliative and respite care setting, we are able to offer our children one to one care.
We are looking to recruit nursery nurses/experienced care workers who are motivated, creative, caring and really want to make a difference to the lives of the children and families being cared for at Helen House. We are looking for the following experience and skills:
- NVQ level 3/Diploma in Health and Social Care/Nursery Nurse/equivalent qualification.
- Consolidated experience in a related care setting.
- Work with adolescents.
- Ability to implement activities for special needs children and sick children
- The ability to work on your own initiative and as part of a team
- Strong communication skills and a good command of the English language
- You will be able to work shifts to cover 24hr service
- Whilst previous experience working with children with special needs or in a hospice setting is not essential it would be an advantage.
Helen & Douglas House offer the following benefits:
- 27 days holiday plus bank holidays (rising to 28 days after 3 years and 29 days after 5 years)
- Auto enrolment pension scheme with Scottish Widows (employer contribution up to 7%)
- Eyecare voucher scheme
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Cycle scheme
- Occupational sick pay and maternity pay
- A flexible working environment
- Subsidised staff dining facilities
- The chance to be a part of something special
All staff working for Helen & Douglas House are required to undertake a Disclosure & Barring Service check. Helen & Douglas House is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
For further details please see the job description and if you have any questions about the role please e-mail email@example.com or call the People Resourcing Team on 01865 794749. Please note that we do not accept applications by way of CVs.