Acorns Children’s Hospice Trust are now looking for a Care Practice Educator to work as part of our Care Education Team to deliver training and education to our care teams. You’ll work within our Care Education Team to ensure clinical practice supports safe and effective care to children and families.
About the Role
Acorns Children’s Hospice Trust is a registered charity, based in Birmingham. Our teams provide care services for life-limited or life-threatened children and young people up to 18 years across the region, and also provide support to their families. As a Care Practice Educator, you will work with the Head of Care Workforce and Education to develop an education plan that supports our strategy and workforce development needs.
You’ll work with clinical teams to ensure that mandatory training is consistently accessed and delivered across the hospices and act as a clinical practice resource. You’ll contribute to the development, delivery and evaluation of care education and training programmes in areas such as infection control, safeguarding, symptom management and bereavement. You’ll deliver both face-to-face and digital learning.
The Care Practice Educator will support Care Managers in the onboarding of new starters to set new employees up for the best possible start with us. You will work with universities to enable student placements.
The successful candidate will be a registered nurse or other relevant healthcare professional, educated to degree level (or working towards). We are looking for someone who:
- has experience in delivering informal training sessions
- has an interest in education and motivating others
- is IT literate. Experience of a digital learning platform would be advantageous
- has excellent communication skills and can work well with others at all levels
- has the ability to travel across the organisation to provide face to face training as required.
What We Offer:
- £40,000 per annum
- 37 hours per week
- based in your nearest Acorns Hospice (Selly Oak, Walsall or Worcester), with some home working
- employee discounts from leading retailers
- employee gym discount scheme
- bike-to-work scheme
- generous contribution to group personal pension plan or continuation of current NHS pension scheme
- NHS pension scheme life assurance or Acorns group life assurance scheme