Are you looking for a role where you can develop professionally and personally, all whilst working towards something hugely positive and impactful?
Noah’s Ark Children’s Hospice is an award-winning, growing charity and our people matter enormously. Our Care Team and the wider charity is made up of passionate, motivated and supportive individuals who all champion the cause and each other.
Our expanded care provision will ensure that we are able to offer a complete hospice service for the 1,169 babies, children and young people with life-limiting or life-threatening conditions in our catchment area.
This year, we will start providing services at our new hospice building, The Ark in Barnet. This fantastic facility is set on a 7.5 acre nature reserve and will enable us to offer more services to more families who urgently need our help. It’s the hospice building that London has been crying out for.
We are seeking a dynamic registered professional to join our expanding Family Link Team. As Family Link Social Worker you will hold your own caseload and also provide line management support for Family Link Workers. Both roles act as a link between children and their families and the wider service provided by Noah’s Ark, assessing their needs and introducing them to appropriate services. The Family Link service continues to support families, within a Psychosocial framework using Social Work models of Good Practice, during their child’s time with Noah’s Ark and, in some cases, post bereavement, providing much needed continuity.
You will also join our Safeguarding team, participate in the development and delivery of in-house training, as well as support social work student placements within the team.
- Social Work qualification and HCPC registration
- Experience of working with families of children with complex needs in a statutory or voluntary setting.
- Knowledge of resources for families of children with additional needs such as benefit entitlement, housing, mobility issues
- Experience of Child Protection and Safeguarding work.
- Experience of managing a case load of families, and prioritising tasks accordingly
- A high degree of literacy and ability to write letters and reports.
- Ability to network and relate confidently to other professionals.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage time effectively.
- Ability to advocate for and work in a holistic way with families.
If you are ready for a new challenge and would relish the chance to become part of a successful forward-thinking organisation then we would love to hear from you!
Apply for this job:
Please provide your CV PLUS a covering letter outlining how you meet the person specifications for the post and send it to email@example.com
If you would like to have confidential discussion about this role, please contact Catherine Toohey, Head of Family Link & Therapies on 020 8449 8877 or email firstname.lastname@example.org