An exciting new role opportunity has arisen for an experienced Band 6 Children’s Nurse to join our expanding Outreach Nursing Team supporting children in community settings with advice, symptom control, support, and management throughout the palliative care pathway within the Helen & Douglas House catchment area. This is a Permanent, Full-Time role (37.5 Hours Per Week) and in return for your work, we can offer you a competitive salary of £32,000 – £41,000 per annum, with an Anticipated Recruitment Range of £32,000 – £35,000 per annum.
The successful candidate will:
- be a Registered Nurse (Child branch)
- have at least 1-year Band 6 experience
- have a Community qualification or community experience
- have post-registration experience of working with people with acute health needs
- have experience of working with patients and families with palliative care needs
- have a current, full driving licence
The rewards are unique: a caring and nurturing work environment, comprehensive training and support and the opportunity to continue to have patient contact and to deliver high quality care.
Helen & Douglas House offer the following benefits:
- 27 days holiday plus bank holidays (rising to 28 days after 3 years and 29 days after 5 years)
- we are a direction agency for the NHS Pension Scheme. Membership to the NHS pension scheme is available to employees who have contributed to the NHS pension scheme in the previous 12 months
- eyecare voucher scheme
- cycle scheme
- occupational sick pay and maternity pay
- a flexible working environment
- subsidised staff dining facilities
Helen & Douglas House cares for terminally ill children, young adults and their families through exceptional hospice care. We provide medical, emotional and practical support, helping families deal with the implications of living with a child who will die prematurely, so they can make the most of their time together. As a charity we rely almost entirely on donations to support our families.
If you have any questions, please e-mail or call the HR team on 01865 794749 if you would like to have an informal chat about the role.
For more information follow the link below:
The closing date for the vacancy is Midnight Sunday 11th July 2021, and interviews will take place on Tuesday 20th July 2021.
Staff working for Helen & Douglas House are required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check. Helen & Douglas House is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We are an equal opportunities employer and value the benefits of a diverse workforce. We positively encourage applications from all areas of the community.