An exciting new role opportunity has arisen for an experienced Band 6 children’s nurse to join our expanding Outreach Nursing team supporting children in community settings with advice, symptom control, support and management throughout the palliative care pathway within the Helen and Douglas House catchment area.
The successful candidate will:
• Be a Registered Nurse (Child branch)
• Have at least 1-year Band 6 experience
• Have a Community qualification or community experience would be desirable
• Have post-registration experience of working with people acute health needs
• Have experience of working with patients and families with palliative care needs
• Current, full driving licence
The rewards are unique: a caring and nurturing work environment, comprehensive training and support and the opportunity to continue to have patient contact and to deliver high quality care.
Helen & Douglas House offer the following benefits:
• 27 days holiday plus bank holidays (rising to 28 days after 3 years and 29 days after 5 years)
• We are a direction agency for the NHS Pension Scheme. Membership to the NHS pension scheme is available to employees who have contributed to the NHS pension scheme in the previous 12 months.
• Eyecare voucher scheme
• Childcare voucher scheme
• Cycle scheme
• Occupational sick pay and maternity pay
• A flexible working environment
• Subsidised staff dining facilities
Helen & Douglas House cares for terminally ill children, young adults and their families through exceptional hospice care. We provide medical, emotional and practical support, helping families deal with the implications of living with a child who will die prematurely, so they can make the most of their time together. As a charity we rely almost entirely on donations to support our families.
If you have any questions please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call the HR Team on 01865 794749 if you would like to have an informal chat about the role or a tour of the hospice.
For any internal candidates interested in applying, please contact your Team Leader initially for an informal discussion.
The closing date for the vacancy is Midnight 23rd November 2020.
Staff working for Helen & Douglas House are required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check. Helen & Douglas House is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.