As a proactive member of the Nursing Management team you will provide critical support to the Nursing Manager and deliver exceptional family centred care at our respite centre and in families’ homes around Gloucestershire.
You are self-motivated and can work either independently or as a team player; you will provide guidance and direction to the Nursing Team on clinical matters, safeguarding and staffing levels. You will monitor standards through existing audit processes and help to devise new ones when necessary to ensure James Hopkins Trust provides outstanding and safe care which demonstrates compliance with CQC & Ofsted’s regulatory requirements.
Often you will be the first person that a family will meet when they ask James Hopkins Trust for help. You will have an insight and understanding of the issues facing families where there is a baby or young child with a life threatening or life limiting condition. While showing the family kindness and compassion, with your excellent and sensitive written & verbal communication skills, you will carry out an assessment of their needs and evaluate how James Hopkins Trust can help them.
As the Deputy Nursing Manager you will play a key part in helping James Hopkins Trust enrich the children’s lives and the lives of their families. By leading by example you will be an inspiring role model for others, build trust and live by our Vision, Mission & Values; always keeping children at the heart of what we do.
- You will be a Registered Children’s Nurse who can demonstrate evidence of continuous professional development including a relevant post-registration course.
- Having experience of teaching & mentoring you will inspire others to learn and provide excellent care.
- Ideally you will have experience of paediatric palliative care.
- You will have experience in leadership and management of a nursing team.
- You are somebody who cares passionately about creating magic memories for the families and children we support, whether it be a simple act of kindness or being part of fun events James Hopkins Trust hosts for the whole family.
- Someone with a vision of excellence, who enjoys working with children and young people and instills enthusiasm in everyone.
We are proud to have been able to provide free nursing respite care to hundreds of life limited and life threatened young children and their families over the past 30 years. We are the only registered charity in Gloucestershire to provide this level of care, day and night, either in the family home or at Kites Corner, our multi-sensory respite centre and gardens.
If would like to be part of our team, please contact Hannah Hulcup on 01452 612216 or email email@example.com for an application pack or to arrange an informal visit. Due to the nature of the role an enhanced DBS will be required.
Closing date for applications is 17th January 2020 Interviews Tuesday 4th February 2020