Lifelites is a small charity with a unique mission to donate life-changing technology packages to give life-limited and disabled children using hospice services a chance to play, be creative, control something for themselves and communicate, for as long as it is possible. We donate this technology, including training on how to use it and technical support, for children using every children’s hospice service in the British Isles.
Purpose of the role
The Engagement Officer is a key role within the Fundraising & PR Team, to build mutually beneficial relationships between supporters and potential supporters of Lifelites and the work that we can only do with their support.
By proactively developing relationships with fundraisers and donors as well as providing first-class stewardship of existing supporters and collaborating with colleagues throughout the organisation, this role will further Lifelites goal.
Main duties and responsibilities
- donor acquisition – Identifying and developing new mutually beneficial relationships with companies, donors, fundraisers, and volunteers
- seeking out fundraising and donation opportunities for existing supporters, including challenge events
- provide support materials and encouragement to fundraisers
- present on behalf of Lifelites at events to various audiences, including occasional evening and weekend events throughout the British Isles which may include an overnight stay
- communicate with a variety of different audiences in a respectful and professional way
- work within current legislation and fundraising best practice, and assist Lifelites to meet the demands of Data Protection legislation
At Lifelites we reward our employees’ hard work with benefits that include:
- 25 days annual leave (plus extra days off during Christmas and New Year)
- 4pm finish on Fridays + many more benefits!
Please apply addressing the person specification below by sending your CV and a covering letter (maximum of 2 sides of A4) indicating why you think you are the right person for this job. Please direct applications and any queries to: Samuel Davies, head of fundraising & PR – email@example.com
For more information: https://www.lifelites.org/about-us/work-for-lifelites/engagement-officer/#.YQJ73ERKiUk