The role of Family Support Counsellor is in place to assist the Head of Family Support in maintaining and developing the Rennie Grove Family Support Service and strategy. You will work from either our Tring or Chalfont St Giles office but will be required to travel between all Rennie Grove offices so a car and driving licence will be essential.
You will therefore need:
• a formal counselling qualification at degree/ diploma level
• registration with an appropriate professional body (BACP,UKCP, BPS)
• experience of counselling
• experience of working with bereaved families
• experience of working effectively in a team
• excellent judgement and good decision making skills
• the ability to build relationship with a diverse range of people
• a caring and empathetic approach
This role is a fixed term contract for six months with possibility to extend.
We offer development, flexible working, opportunities to volunteer and 27 days’ holiday per year plus bank holidays (pro rata).
At Rennie Grove Hospice Care, we’re all about making every moment matter for our patients and families, and you can play your part in that. We provide care and support for adults and children diagnosed with cancer and other life-limiting illness, and their families, visiting day and night. It’s important work and, to make it all happen, we need talented and passionate people.
ARE YOU READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE? Apply here.
For an informal chat about this role contact Lisa Makey, Head of Family Support Services on 07384 218349.
Interviews: 23 November 2020