Are you looking for a role where you can develop professionally and personally, all whilst working towards something hugely positive and impactful?
Noah’s Ark Children’s Hospice is an award-winning, growing charity and our people matter enormously. Our Fundraising Team and the wider charity is made up of passionate, motivated and supportive individuals who all champion the cause and each other.
Our expanded care provision will ensure that we are able to offer a complete hospice service for the 1,169 babies, children and young people with life-limiting or life-threatening conditions in our catchment area.
Currently our office is conveniently located off Barnet High Street, a few minutes’ walk from High Barnet station on the Northern Line. Our move to The Ark later this year will take us to a beautiful nearby 7.5-acre nature reserve in Barnet.
As Family Support Worker, you will act as a link between families and the wider service provided by Noah’s Ark, assessing their needs and introducing them to appropriate services. You will continue to support the family, under supervision of the Family Link Team, as needed during their child’s time with Noah’s Ark and in some cases post bereavement, providing much needed continuity.
The Successful Applicant will have:
· At least 2 years’ professional experience of working with families of children with complex needs in a statutory or voluntary setting.
· Knowledge of Child Protection and Safeguarding procedures.
· A high degree of literacy and ability to write letters and reports.
· Ability to network and relate confidently to other professionals.
· Ability to work under pressure and manage time effectively.
· Ability to advocate for and work in a holistic way with families.
To apply: Please complete the Noah’s Ark Application Form (available online) and send (preferably via email) to firstname.lastname@example.org
(Please include the job title in the subject line of the email. Only completed applications will be accepted and only candidates invited to interview will be contacted)