Lifelites’ small team has a unique mission to donate life-changing technology packages to give life-limited and disabled children using hospice services a chance to play, be creative, control something for themselves and communicate, for as long as it is possible. We donate this technology, including training on how to use it and technical support, for children using every children’s hospice service in the British Isles.
Purpose of the role
The Fundraising Officer is a key role within our small team, helping to build mutually beneficial relationships between supporters of Lifelites and the work that we can only do with their support.
Main duties and responsibilities
- communicate with supporters by phone, email, letter and face-to-face to explore fundraising opportunities for Lifelites and support them to carry these out. This could include event ideas, appeals, and campaign
- represent Lifelites at events to supporter groups, including occasional evening and weekend events throughout the British Isles, which may include an overnight stay
- build relationships with existing corporate, donor, fundraiser and volunteer supporters of Lifelites and seek out new relationships, and support Lifelites colleagues to do the same
- focus on providing a donor-centred fundraising approach, identifying supporter needs and matching these with the needs of Lifelites to create mutually beneficial events and other activities
- ensure that supporters have the materials and encouragement they need to maximise their fundraising for Lifelites
- keep up-to-date with current legislation and best practice relating to fundraising and relationship building and ensure that this forms the basis for all of your donor-centred fundraising
Do you take pride in building mutually beneficial, professional relationships? If you have experience of doing this and want to bring this experience to a role that makes a real difference to life-limited and disabled children please consider applying for this role. You will need to be able to work proactively and efficiently with colleagues, fundraisers and volunteers to help us raise the £750,000 we need each year to give these children a chance to escape the confines of their conditions.
You will need the right balance of experience, professionalism and friendliness and be willing to pick up the phone to make a new contact and seize an opportunity. And you will need to be driven by a desire to develop and build relationships with those who have the power to help us do more for the incredible children that we exist to support.
The ideal candidate will have experience of working in a fundraising or customer services environment with an understanding of how to build mutually beneficial relationships. We are looking for someone who is able to demonstrate knowledge of organising events and fundraising initiatives, who is a team player willing to support colleagues to deliver across a varied portfolio of fundraising and PR opportunities, and has a sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
At Lifelites we reward our employees’ hard work with benefits that include:
- 25 days annual leave (plus extra days off during Christmas and New Year), increasing to 30 days after five years’ service
- market-leading pension scheme with increased employer contributions based on length of service
- hybrid and flexible working practices
- 4pm finish on Fridays
For full specifications please see https://www.lifelites.org/about-us/work-for-lifelites/fundraising-officer-(1)
Values – We have identified some core values that enable us to be successful in our aims. Whichever role you take on within Lifelites, you will be asked to demonstrate the adoption of our values in order to safeguard our reputation and contribute to our development. (A copy of our values can be found on our website).
Please apply addressing the person specification by sending your CV and a covering letter (maximum of 2 sides of A4) indicating why you think you are the right person for this job. Please direct applications and any queries to: Samuel Davies, head of fundraising & PR – firstname.lastname@example.org
This role will stay open until we have found the right person for the job.
Interviews will be held after an initial phone call about the role, and will be organised with candidates for a mutually suitable time.