Together for Short Lives is looking for an exceptional Head of Corporate Fundraising. You need be a deal maker, someone who has a strong record of bringing in and successfully managing corporate partnerships and can deliver on our ambition to grow income in this area to over £2.5 million annually.
This is a unique role in the sector, where you will be both leading on developing partnerships for Together for Short Lives as well as for children’s hospices across the UK, as part of the National Fundraising Scheme we run. We have a great team and a good track record, and existing partnerships include Center Parcs, Disney and Hobbycraft, but we know there is much more potential out there.
Together for Short Lives is the UK charity that supports seriously ill children and their families. Over 49,000 children and young people are living in the UK with health conditions that are life-shortening or life-threatening—and the number is rising. We, with our members, are committed to ensuring these young people and their families are supported to live as fulfilling lives as possible.
The postholder will lead a small team, and also manage a corporate advisory group.You will report directly to the Fundraising Director and play a key role as a senior manager in the charity.
This is a fantastic role and we are looking for a very special person to fill it. You will be highly motivated with great initiative; have outstanding interpersonal skills with the ability to represent the charity with large companies; and most importantly the ambition and skills to help us win and retain the best corporate partnerships in the UK.
Summary of role:
To develop and deliver a corporate fundraising strategy that:
- Drives growth and significantly increases corporate income.
- Identifies and secures new corporate partnerships that help fund the strategic plan of Together for Short Lives and our scheme to support children’s hospices across the UK.
- Provides exceptional account management.
- Supports the delivery of the fundraising and organisational strategy.
Strategy, planning and performance
- To develop the corporate fundraising strategy and operational plans, supporting the ambition to grow income and deliver the organisational strategy.
- To lead a Corporate Advisory Group, consisting of key hospice members, to drive forward the funding scheme we run for children’s hospices.
- To develop an annual corporate partnerships business plan in line with the overall business planning process.
- Working with the Director of Fundraising, set, monitor and deliver annual corporate fundraising budgets, achieving or exceeding targets and providing the appropriate level of reporting.
- Working with the Individual Giving Fundraising Manager, implement the plans to drive employee payroll giving.
New Business Development
- Lead the development of corporate new business propositions that are attractive to corporate partners, utilising our portfolio of offers.
- Working with the Business Development Manager to ensure that we have a ‘best in class’ approach to prospect identification, cultivation and solicitation.
- Ensure that our offer to corporate partners and our proposals and pitches make Together for Short Lives stand-out in the market place.
Account Management and Relationship Management
- To ensure exceptional account management across all of our corporate partners.
- To develop relationship plans for all key individuals within corporate partners, including senior executives and Board members, and utilising the Director of Fundraising, Chief Executive, Head of Philanthropy and Trustees as appropriate.
- Directly provide account management to a small number of corporate partners.
- Work closely with the Communications Team to ensure that all media opportunities are maximised for our corporate partnerships.
Leading and managing the team
- Provide line management, leadership and development to two direct reports in line with the Together for Short Lives guidelines.
- Champion corporate partnerships within the organisation to ensure that the skills and expertise of the whole staff team are utilised to drive corporate fundraising.
- Ensure that all data is captured and that our CRM database is fully utilised.
- Provide first class donor stewardship, ensuring we have the processes in place to thank donors in a timely way.
- To ensure all areas of the Corporate Fundraising team’s work comply with charity law, regulations and best practice particularly with regard to Corporate partnership contracts, processing of income and Data Protection.
- To represent Fundraising on appropriate cross organisational groups.
- To represent the charity at external events as appropriate.
- Any other duties as required by the Director of Fundraising.
Applying for the role
Closing date for applications is Monday 17 June at midnight. If you are interested in applying for this post, please complete the application form, summary details form and equal opportunities monitoring form and email them back to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Job Description and Person Specification
- Application Form
- Summary details form
- Equal opportunities monitoring form.
We also offer a guaranteed interview to all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job. Please see Guaranteed Interview Scheme form for further details.
Together for Short Lives is a Disability Confident Employer.
If you have not heard from us by 30 June 2019 please assume that on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful.
Interviews to take place on 1 July 2019.
No agencies or media sales enquiries please