We are seeking an enthusiastic, hard-working and passionate individual to join our Care Team as a Health Care & Play Assistant. You will have an NVQ Level 3 in childcare studies or equivalent, you may have experience or will be looking to further your knowledge of working with seriously ill children. By following a child or young person’s care plan and working in partnership with the play leader, respite nurses & families, you will help deliver safe care & play to meet the diverse and individual needs of the children. We need someone to support the creation of a safe, interesting, stimulating and caring environment for children who are life limited, life threatened or severely disabled. You will be working with the children and supporting them with their social, emotional, play and personal care needs. You will need to demonstrate your commitment to promoting equality and diversity for everyone and adhere to all OFSTED and CQC regulatory requirements.
- You are somebody who cares passionately about creating magic memories for the families and children we support, whether it be a simple act of kindness or helping with hosting fun events for the whole family.
- You will have an interest in creativity and play for children and young people with severe disabilities and complex nursing needs.
- Experience of working with children and young people.
- Understand the importance of working confidentially.
- Have some experience of basic personal care tasks.
- Be available to work shifts during the weekdays, in both term and non-term time. There may be some evening, nights and weekend work also.
- Have a willingness to attend any training appropriate for the role.
- Be flexible and adaptable to a number of tasks.
- A self-motivated team player, willing to work creatively by trying new things in inventive ways so play is accessible to all.
- A caring, empathetic person with excellent interpersonal skills
We are proud to have been able to provide free nursing respite care to hundreds of life limited and life threatened young children and their families for over 30 years. We are the only registered charity in Gloucestershire to provide this level of care, day and night, either in the family home or at Kites Corner, our multi-sensory respite centre and gardens.
If you would like to be part of our team, please contact Sarah James on 01452 612216 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application pack.
Due to the nature of the role an enhanced DBS will be required.
Closing date for applications is 22nd January 2021. Interviews w/c 8th February 2021