This is an exciting opportunity to join our Housekeeping Team that focuses on delivering excellent standards of hygiene and infection control for our patients and families. In this palliative and respite care setting, the Housekeeping Team play a vital & valued role to ensure patients and families feel comfortable during their stay at the hospice.
We are looking to recruit a Housekeeping Team Member into our friendly and passionate Housekeeping Team in a Full Time (37.5 Hours) Permanent role. You’ll have great communication skills, a positive attitude and always happy to engage with our families and team.
We are looking for the following experience and skills:
- previous experience of domestic responsibilities
- understands importance of good hygiene and infection control
- knowledge and understanding of confidentiality
- experience of working in a care setting
- you’ll be working both independently and as a team, cleaning offices, hospice communal areas, toilets, bathrooms, and family’s accommodation.
Helen & Douglas House offer the following benefits:
- auto-enrolment pension scheme with Scottish Widows (employer contribution up to 7%)
- eyecare voucher scheme
- cycle scheme
- occupational sick pay and maternity pay
- a flexible working environment
- subsidised staff dining facilities
- the chance to be a part of something special
For further details please see the job description and if you have any questions about the role please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call the People Resourcing Team on 01865 794749. The interview process will involve a panel-style interview and a practical cleaning element.
Please note the closing date for this role is midnight on Thursday 14th October 2021.
If you would like to join us as our Housekeeping Team Member, please click apply today!
All staff working for Helen & Douglas House are required to undertake a Disclosure & Barring Service check. Helen & Douglas House is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We are an equal opportunities employer and value the benefits of a diverse workforce. We positively encourage applications from all areas of the community.