This is an exciting opportunity to join our Housekeeping team that focuses on delivering excellent standards of hygiene and infection control for our patients and families. In this palliative and respite care setting, the Housekeeping team play a vital & valued role to ensure patients and families feel comfortable during their stay at the hospice.
We are looking to recruit a Housekeeper into our friendly and passionate housekeeping team. You’ll have great communication skills, a positive attitude and always happy to engage with our families and team.
We are looking for the following experience and skills:
- Previous experience of domestic responsibilities
- Understands importance of good hygiene and infection control
- Knowledge and understanding of confidentiality
- Experience of working in a care setting
You’ll be working both independently and as a team, cleaning offices, hospice communal areas, toilets, bathrooms and patient bedrooms. For further information, please see the Job Description on our website.
Helen & Douglas House offer the following benefits:
- Auto enrolment pension scheme with Scottish Widows (employer contribution up to 7%)
- Eyecare voucher scheme
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Cycle scheme
- Occupational sick pay and maternity pay
- A flexible working environment
- Subsidised staff dining facilities
- The chance to be a part of something special
All staff working for Helen & Douglas House are required to undertake a Disclosure & Barring Service check. Helen & Douglas House is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Please note the closing date for the Housekeeping Team Member role is Monday 6th April at 9:00am and the interviews will happen at Douglas House in Oxford.
If you would like to join us as our Housekeeping Team Member,please apply today!
For further details please see our website and if you have any questions about the role please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call the People Resourcing Team on 01865 794749. Please note that we do not accept applications by way of CVs.