The charity Together for Short Lives, based in Bristol, is looking for an Interim Chief Executive for a minimum period of 12 – 18 months on a fixed term contract – competitive salary.
We will require the candidate:
- To be responsible for the overall strategic management, leadership and development of Together for Short Lives. The Chief Executive is the most senior staff position and carries significantly devolved responsibilities from the Board of Trustees to achieve the organisation’s overall aims and to progress development
- To work with the Chair and Board of Trustees to develop a vision for the future of the Charity, involving key stakeholders, particularly staff and to be responsible to the Board for the operational delivery of the strategy ensuring that the organisation is responsive to the changing external environment.
- To provide effective leadership to the organisation
- To develop and maintain strong and effective working relationships with key stakeholders to ensure best possible outcomes for children’s palliative care
- To be responsible for staff leadership, management and administration of the organisation in the execution of the Board’s policies
- To increase awareness of the work of Together for Short Lives and reputation management to ensure maximum input into developments in the sector and to maximise funding opportunities.
- To foster a culture of openness, challenge, learning and development for the charity and employees.
- To be a role model of the values and behaviours adopted by the charity.
The Charity is based in Bristol, but the candidate will have a national remit and be expected to be in London on a fairly regular basis. This means that for this Interim period the candidate could be located near Bristol or London and the surrounding areas.
We are looking for candidates who can be available relatively quickly and who could take up post in the next 4-6 weeks.
Please get in touch directly for further information:
email@example.com – 07921 948873
firstname.lastname@example.org – 07595 566 055
For the Full Job Description and how to apply please do so via: