We’re recruiting for a dynamic, innovative and compassionate Operational Lead to enhance our Children’s Hospice at Home team. Ideally, you will be an experienced Registered Children’s Nurse with knowledge and experience of Oncology, Complex Care and Children’s Palliative Care. You will have excellent clinical skills and be passionate about delivering the highest quality care to children, young people and their families.
Rated as Outstanding by CQC, Ellenor provides hospice care for adults and children living in Dartford, Gravesham and Swanley and Bexley
Our Children’s team are part of something special, they provide specialist care & support to babies, children and young people with end-of-life care and oncology needs; supporting families in their own homes to ensure they enjoy special moments together . The children and young people we care for all have life-limiting or life-threatening conditions and we are proud to offer a range of services to support the whole family. This includes play and music therapy and pre and post bereavement support. The role is very varied and requires a good understanding of the complex emotional and physical needs of the children and families.
- provide operational leadership & management for the Children’s Service, including respite, oncology, palliative and transition care
- ensure the care & support is equitable, professional & of an excellent standard
- work at an advanced level to ensure that each patient receives care to meet their individual needs
- to support the Deputy Director of Care with service development within the Children’s Service
- to work with the children’s nurses to support their development, ensuring that all relevant competency frameworks are achieved
- work closely with other operational leads within the Care Directorate, to ensure the effective management of clinical activity & resources
- as part of a multidisciplinary team – develop services that are people-focused & will ensure patients receive a service that fully meets their needs and their families
- work closely with local children’s services, GP’s, acute & community providers, in a way that supports integrated working
Why join us?
- Attractive & competitive salary & benefits package available
- NHS Pension transfer, or opt to join the ellenor pension scheme
- 30 days annual leave for clinical nurses
- learning and development opportunities ensuring staff are equipped with the skills for their role now and development for future roles
- flexible working policy
- free Parking
- subsidised meals
Closing date Friday 16th October 2021
Find out more about this exciting opportunity & apply online: https://ellenor.org/join-our-team/current-vacancies/