We are looking to recruit a Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNSp) in Children’s Palliative Care for our Regional Hub based in Cork.
The care and management of children with life-limiting conditions demands a broad range of professional skills and knowledge. The CNSp will have the expertise and specialist knowledge to incorporate these skills into practice and so develop standards of care that benefit the child.
The CNSp practice will include a major clinical focus, which comprises of assessment, planning, delivery, and evaluation of care given to children and their families. As a member of the –inter-disciplinary team he/she will work collaboratively to provide the highest standard of specialist palliative nursing care to children with life-limiting conditions/palliative care needs.
- opportunity to work with a dynamic team to establish a new service in the Cork/ Kerry area
- pension scheme
- VHI group scheme
- EAP – free confidential staff support service including one-to-one counselling
- wellbeing programme
- excellent learning and development opportunities
- comprehensive orientation pack
- flexible working options
Essential Criteria – ideally the successful candidate will possess the following:
- hold current Registration in the Children’s Division of the Register of Nurses held by the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland (NMBI)
- have acquired a post registration level 8 qualification on the National Qualifications Framework of Ireland (major award) or the equivalent, in Palliative Care
- have a minimum of 5 years post-registration experience and clinical expertise in Children’s Nursing and a minimum of 2 years’ experience of working with children with life limiting conditions/palliative care needs
- full clean driving licence is essential
How to Apply:
For a copy of the job description and person specification contact our HR Department, E: email@example.com
For informal enquiries please contact Marie Lynch, Regional Hub Team Lead: firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone: 087-6094771
To apply send your CV and cover letter to Human Resources email@example.com or by post: HR Department, LauraLynn Ireland’s Children’s Hospice, Leopardstown Road, Dublin 18.
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.