Do you enjoy delivering high quality individualised care to your patients and working in an area where no one day the same as another is? This might just be the job you’re looking for.
We have an opportunity for a Registered Children’s Nurse or Registered Nurse with Relevant Experience to join our team based in Oxfordshire. This is a Full Time (37.5 hours) or Part-Time (30 hours), Permanent position and in return we can offer you a competitive salary of £28,500 – £35,500 per annum, with an Anticipated Recruitment Range of – £28,500 – £31,000 per annum (pro rata for part-time).
In return for your work we offer the following benefits:
- Attractive working environment
- 27 days holiday plus bank holidays (pro-rata for part-time staff)
- We are a direction agency for the NHS Pension Scheme
- Eye care voucher scheme
- Cycle scheme
- Occupational sick pay and maternity pay
- A flexible working environment
- Subsidised staff dining facilities
- Investment in your CPD
- Imbedded staff support
The Helen House Care Team is a unique and vibrant blend of nurses and carers, some with experience of palliative care and acute settings and some from a learning disability background, all of whom share a passion for delivering the highest possible standard of care to patients and their families. A wealth of staff training and support underpins the challenging and rewarding work we do. Working in this team will change your life. You will be able to care for patients to a standard you always hoped would be possible.
As our Registered Children’s Nurse or Registered Nurse with Relevant Experience you will be a self-motivated, experienced nurse with vision to join our multi-disciplinary team caring for children who have life-threatening and life-limiting conditions. You will need to be flexible in your approach to care and have good communication with experience of working in an acute hospital. You will work as part of a team including other nurses, nursery nurses, doctors, outreach nurses and volunteers.
Skills we are looking for in out Registered Children’s Nurse or Registered Nurse with Relevant Experience:
- Be a Registered Children’s Nurse or Registered Nurse with Relevant Experience with current NMC registration (Level 1)
- Show evidence of on-going continuing professional development linked to demonstrable clinical competencies
- Have demonstrable post registration experience of working with children in a variety of settings
- Show experience of working on own initiative; organising and prioritising own and workload of others as shift co-ordinator
- Be a skilled communicator, able to adapt communications with a wide range of people and situations
- Have the ability to cope with pressure and to adapt to emergencies or altered requirements.
- Have the ability to demonstrate an understanding of the needs of children with life-limiting conditions
- Experience of caring for children with multiple and complex needs would be beneficial but not essential
No day is ever predictable in Helen House so if you’re looking for a new challenge in your career please visit our website to apply today!
Please note that everyone working for Helen & Douglas House are required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check. Helen & Douglas House is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We are an equal opportunities employer and value the benefits of a diverse workforce. We positively encourage applications from all areas of the community.
Please note the closing date for the role is Midnight on 11th April 2021.