Do you ever dream of being able to provide bespoke nursing care and spend precious time with a child and their family? If the answer is yes, then welcome to James Hopkins Trust where children are at the heart of everything we do! Why not join our friendly, fun and supportive team of respite nurses and help to make magic memories for life limited and life threatened young children.
We are looking to recruit enthusiastic and passionate Respite Nurses to provide exceptional care and support to children with medically fragile conditions. As a proactive member of the Nursing Team you will assist in creating and maintaining a caring, supportive and safe environment for the children you will be looking after.
As a James Hopkins Trust Nurse you will spend time with the children and their families, developing strong relationships and meeting their individual needs. You will work with a team of Senior Nurses, Respite Nurses, Health Care Assistants and Play Specialist in a supportive environment. You will be a self-motivated individual with the ability to work either as part of a team or independently. You will have opportunities to broaden your skills with excellent training and development.
Skills we are looking for in Respite Nurse:
- a Registered Nurse qualification and hold a current registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC)
- have the ability to demonstrate an understanding of the needs of children with life limiting or life threatening conditions.
- self-motivated and can work either independently or as a team player.
- experience of working with children and young people, preferably in a variety of settings.
- strong communication skills with the ability to adapt communications with a range of people and situations.
- understand the importance of working confidentially.
- be available to work shifts to cover a 24 hour period seven days a week, in both term and non-term time.
- have a willingness to develop advanced clinical skills and attend any training appropriate for the role.
- be flexible and adaptable to a number of tasks.
- a caring, empathetic and resilient person with excellent interpersonal skills
- somebody who cares passionately about creating magic memories for the families and children we support, whether it be a simple act of kindness or helping with hosting fun events for the whole family.
We are proud to have been able to provide free nursing respite care to hundreds of life limited and life threatened young children and their families for over 30 years. We are the only registered charity in Gloucestershire to provide this level of care, day and night, either in the family home or at Kites Corner, our multi-sensory respite centre and gardens.
If you are interested in this role and would like to be part of our team, please contact Susannah Pomeroy on 01452 612216 or email email@example.com for an application pack.
Due to the nature of the role an enhanced DBS will be required. James Hopkins Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We are dedicated to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We celebrate diversity and actively encourage applications from anyone who is suitably qualified.
Closing date for applications is 14th May 2021