Could you care for people nearing the end of their life and make a real difference at this important time?
Would you find it rewarding to support family members so that they can make every moment with their loved ones matter?
Are you looking for a job with flexible working opportunities offering a better work-life balance?
If you’ve answered yes to the questions above and you are passionate about helping people at the end of their lives to stay at home with their families, we would love to hear from you.
Due to the ongoing success of the Rapid Personalised Care Service, we continue to expand our service and are looking for new people to join our team as Senior Health Care Assistants. We have a range of flexible contracts available between 30 – 44 hours per week.
As a Senior Health Care Assistant in the RPCS you will be expected to:
- weekend triage of new RPCS referrals and be the weekend and out of hours (where necessary) point of contact for patients, families and external healthcare professionals.
- weekend monitoring and updating of health care assistant rotas and liaison with the agency to ensure adequate workforce in place
- complete new staff competency assessments to ensure high quality of care
- complete risk assessments and initial patient assessments as requested
- complete clinical visits to patient’s homes as required and deliver personalised care and support to patients, families and carers at home for those requiring end of life support.
You will visit patients in their own homes across the Rennie Grove catchment area (Buckinghamshire/ west Hertfordshire) so a car and driving licence will be essential.
To be successful in the role you’ll need:
- care certificate / NVQ qualification level 2
- qualified by experience in similar role
- experience of working within a care setting
- experience of care records, Microsoft applications and Outlook functions in clinical settings
- relevant experience in assisting patients with their personal hygiene
- proven experience of working effectively in a team
- a caring and empathetic approach
- excellent written and verbal communication
- the ability to work effectively in an emotionally demanding environment
- to be able to observe and report changes in patient’s conditions.
Working patterns of ‘standard days’ working 7.5 hours per day or ‘long days’ working 11 hours per day including weekend working available.
We offer development, flexible working, opportunity to sustain your NHS pension, opportunities to volunteer and 27 days’ holiday per year plus bank holidays (pro rata).
At Rennie Grove Hospice Care, we’re all about making every moment matter for our patients and families, and you can play your part in that. We provide care and support for adults and children diagnosed with cancer and other life-limiting illness, and their families. It’s important work and, to make it all happen, we need talented and passionate people.
Are you ready to make a difference? to apply click here
If successful, you’ll join on the first working day of the month so we can best support you with our structured induction programme.
We encourage and strongly recommend our workforce to get fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Applications will be reviewed and invited to interview as received. We reserve the right to close the vacancy early should we find a successful applicant.
Closing date: 27 May 2022 at 12 noon