Children & Young Adults Service
37.5 hours per week
Salary £40,401 – £43,442 per annum full time
(includes allowance for unsocial hours)
The Children & Young Adults Service at St Oswald’s Hospice provides short breaks and palliative care to children and young adults with complex health needs in the North East. St Oswald’s is in a leafy suburb of Newcastle upon Tyne. It is a purpose built 8 bedded unit. We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced nurse to lead our well established, experienced, dynamic Care Team. You will lead the Care Team ensuring a high standard of care for all of the children and families who access the service at St Oswald’s. This role offers an opportunity to be part of an excellent team, develop palliative care services in the north east, working for a well-established and respected organisation.
• be a Registered Children’s Nurse
• have Mentorship training
• have evidence of continued professional and personal development
• have at least 3 years post registration experience managing a team of nurses with the ability to manage colleagues and students
• have experience of providing support/care for children /families with special and complex health /social needs.
We can offer you:
• Pleasant, supportive and rewarding working environment
• Good staffing levels with time to care
• Pension scheme or option to continue with NHS pension scheme
• 27 days holiday plus public holidays
• Free car parking.
• Comprehensive induction program.
• Opportunity to develop knowledge and skills in Specialist Palliative Care.
• Educational opportunities through our Learning & Development department.
• Guidance and Support with Revalidation
For further information please contact Rebekah Hoskins, the current post holder firstname.lastname@example.org or Jocelyn Thompson, Matron, Children & Young Adults Service email@example.com
To apply please complete the application form available at: https://www.stoswaldsuk.org/jobs/listings/senior-sister-children-young-adults-service/
This role will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Closing date: Sunday 30th August 2020
Please note we may close this vacancy before the advertised date if we receive an exceptionally high volume of applications.
Interview date: Friday 11th September 2020
Registered Charity No. 503386
St Oswald’s Hospice aims to be an equal opportunities employer