Are you passionate about making a difference to the lives of children and young people with a life shortening condition? Do you have extensive leadership experience in health or social care, and a vision for developing services in partnership with others?
We are looking for a dynamic individual who holds a professional registration in nursing or social work, and has expert knowledge in children’s palliative care to help lead our newly developed outreach team.
– If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
This is a really exciting time to join Children’s Hospices Across Scotland – better known as CHAS – Scotland’s national children’s hospice service.
Following internal promotions and the reconfiguration of our services in response to the Pandemic, we have a new role for a service manager in our CHAS outreach team, which works right across Scotland.
As a Service Manager within CHAS you will bring valuable experience to the team and be integral in helping to shape and develop the outreach team. You will have the opportunity to use your current knowledge of palliative care, leadership and community care, to work alongside a team of highly dedicated professionals as we continue to strive to achieve our ambition of ‘Reaching Every child in Scotland who has a palliative need’.
- in conjunction with the associate directors will devise and develop approaches which allow teams across CHAS to work more closely to offer seamless care to children and families
- plays a key role in supporting the associate director for Outreach in developing partnerships working with external stakeholders
- works across the outreach service and in close contact with the Service Manager for Hospices to standardise practice across the Children and Families’ Directorate
- provides professional leadership to, and development for, clinical and social care staff
- works closely with the associate director for Outreach and volunteering development managers to develop and support volunteer roles in clinical and social care
- ensures consistent practice across the service in the reduction in the risk of ‘Hospital Acquired Infection’ by ensuring national HAI, CHAS Infection Control standards are achieved and improvement methodology is used to achieve a safe family and staff environment
- responsible for the monitoring and prevention of operational business risks arising within their area of responsibility, ensuring that the appropriate risk register is maintained and reported in line with the organisation’s framework for risk management
- works closely with the senior charge nurses to prepare for and respond to regulatory inspection visits
In order to provide a high standard of leadership amongst the team, a high standard of care to all children accessing CHAS services, and to help CHAS achieve its objectives, you will:
- be a registered care professional (for example First Level Registered Nurse, Social Worker, AHP)
- be qualified to Master’s degree level or willingness to work towards leadership/management experience
At CHAS, our ambition is to reach every family in Scotland who is living with the devastating news that their child has a life-shortening condition. We aim to offer them care and support to empower them to make the most of the time they have together. As a service manager, you will be instrumental in achieving this vision and shaping the future of CHAS.
At CHAS, staff and volunteers work together as one team, focused on the common goal of reaching every family in Scotland who needs our support. We have a 3:1 ratio of volunteers to staff members in CHAS. All CHAS staff will at some point work with or alongside volunteers and will be expected to support volunteers.
Further Information and How to Apply
For more information regarding this post and the benefits of working for CHAS, please see the attached documents.
We welcome informal enquiries, so please contact Nicky Bridges (Associate Director for Outreach) on 01389 722063 or 07887 594689.
For any queries regarding the recruitment process, please contact our HR team on 0131 444 3293 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be part of the future of CHAS, please visit our careers website to apply online: https://chas.current-vacancies.com/Jobs/Advert/2299154?cid=1809&s=False&t=Service-Manager-for-Outreach&l=Flexible
We anticipate interviews will be held on Tuesday 31 August or Wednesday 1 September 2021.
This post is subject to a Protection of Vulnerable Groups (PVG) check.