This is a really exciting time to join Children’s Hospices Across Scotland – better known as CHAS – Scotland’s national children’s hospice service. Following internal promotions and the reconfiguration of our services in response to the Pandemic, we have a new role for a service manager to work across our two hospices; Rachel House and Robin House.
As a service manager within CHAS you will bring valuable experience to the team and be integral in developing approaches that allow teams across CHAS to work more closely as they offer seamless care to children and families.
You will have the opportunity to use your current knowledge of palliative care, leadership and multidisciplinary working alongside a team of highly dedicated professionals as we continue to strive to achieve our ambition of ‘Reaching Every child in Scotland who has a palliative need’.
- plays a key role in supporting the associate nurse director for care in developing partnership working with external stakeholders
- works across the hospice service and in close contact with the service manager for Outreach to standardise practice across the Children and Families’ Directorate
- provides professional leadership to, and development for, clinical and social care staff
- works closely with the associate nurse, director for care and volunteering development managers to develop and support volunteer roles in clinical and social care
- ensures consistent practice across the service in the reduction in the risk of ‘Hospital Acquired Infection’ by ensuring national HAI, CHAS Infection Control standards are achieved and improvement methodology is used to achieve a safe family and staff environment
- responsible for the monitoring and prevention of operational day to day business risks arising within their area of responsibility, ensuring that the appropriate risk register is maintained and reported in line with the organisation’s framework for Risk Management
- works closely with the senior charge nurses to prepare for and respond to regulatory inspection visits
In order to provide a high standard of leadership amongst the team, a high standard of care to all children accessing CHAS services, and to help CHAS achieve its objectives, you will:
- be a registered care professional (for example First Level Registered Nurse, Social Worker, AHP)
- be Qualified to Master’s Degree level or willingness to work towards
- have leadership/management experience
At CHAS, our ambition is to reach every family in Scotland who is living with the devastating news that their child has a life-shortening condition. We aim to offer them care and support to empower them to make the most of the time they have together. As a Service Manager, you will be instrumental in achieving this vision and shaping the future of CHAS.
To apply, please click here: https://chas.current-vacancies.com/Jobs/Advert/2298701?cid=1809&s=False&t=Service-Manager-Hospices&l=Flexible