Are you a children’s nurse seeking a new opportunity? We are looking for dynamic Staff Nurses who are passionate about providing expert, person-centred care for babies, children and young people with life-shortening conditions and their families. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
This is a really exciting time to join Children’s Hospices Across Scotland – better known as CHAS – Scotland’s national children’s hospice service.
Following internal promotions and the reconfiguration of our services in response to the Pandemic, we have Staff Nurse vacancies at Robin House, Balloch, one of the two hospices run by CHAS.
As a Staff Nurse within CHAS you will bring valuable experience to the team and be involved in providing specialist palliative care, end-of-life care for children and respite for the whole family. You will have the opportunity to use your current knowledge and develop new skills by working alongside a highly motivated and skilled team, becoming part of an organisation where everyone is passionate about the work they do.
- provide specialist, person-centred palliative nursing care to children and young people
- adapt care plans to meet complex needs of each individual.
- provide nursing care at end of life and bereavement support.
- provide emotional and practical support to the child and their family, ensuring contact is maintained between visits and that the wishes of the family are delivered.
- mentor the Nursing Support Worker Team, students and nursing support volunteers.
- participate in quality assurance and practice development activities with the view of achieving the organisational goals and objectives in the CHAS Strategic Plan.
- rotate onto the CHAS homecare service
In order to provide a high standard of nursing care in our hospices, and to help CHAS achieve its objectives, you will have:
- a registered nurse qualification
- a degree or evidence of equivalent experience
- experience of assessing, planning, organising, implementing and evaluating nursing care for children, young people and families
- experience of working with whole families to provide education and support in managing a child or young person’s condition.
At CHAS, our ambition is to reach every family in Scotland who is living with the devastating news that their child has a life-shortening condition. We aim to offer them care and support to empower them to make the most of the time they have together. As a Staff Nurse, you will be instrumental in achieving this vision and shaping the future of CHAS.
At CHAS, staff and volunteers work together as one team, focused on the common goal of reaching every family in Scotland who needs our support. We have a 3:1 ratio of volunteers to staff members in CHAS. All CHAS staff will at some point work with or alongside volunteers and will be expected to support volunteers.
Further Information and How to Apply
To be part of the future of CHAS, visit our CHAS Careers website (https://chas.current-vacancies.com/) and complete our online application form. Please note that we are unable to accept CV’s.
We welcome informal enquiries, so please contact the Charge Nurse on duty at Robin House – 01389 722 055.
For any queries regarding the recruitment process, please contact our HR team on 0131 444 3293 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This post is subject to a Protection of Vulnerable Groups (PVG) check.