We are looking for Senior Staff Nurses and Staff Nurses who are passionate about providing expert, person-centred care for babies, children and young people with life-shortening conditions and their families. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
You will experience the privilege of providing specialist palliative care and respite for the whole family. You will have the opportunity to work alongside a highly motivated, supportive and skilled team in our beautiful hospices (which have free parking!). Both hospices are in beautiful locations and are commutable from across central Scotland.
- provide specialist, person-centred palliative nursing care through assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of care plans
- adapt care plans to meet the complex needs of the individual
- give nursing care at the end of life and bereavement support
- offer emotional and practical support to the child and their family, ensuring contact is maintained between visits and that the wishes of the family are delivered
- mentor the Nursing Support Worker team, students and Care Support volunteer
- participate in quality assurance and practice development activities, including regular opportunities to work in our CHAS at Home service.
- you will be kind and empathic
- you will be a team-player
- you will have a registered nurse qualification
- you will have a degree or evidence of equivalent experience
- you will have experience in assessing, planning, organising, implementing and evaluating nursing care for babies, children, young people and their families
- you will have experience of working with whole families to provide education and support in managing the condition of babies, children or young people
- we are Scotland’s national children’s hospice service
- our ambition is to reach every family in Scotland who is living with the heart-breaking prognosis that their child is dying, and offer them our care and support to empower them to make the most of the short time they have together
- we care about our staff so they can care for the families who need us
- you will be well supported with regular clinical supervision and reflective practice
- our nurses report great satisfaction in being able to provide high-quality nursing care in a supportive team with interesting career development opportunities
- view our employee testimonials by following the links below:
How to Apply
For full details on these positions and our online application form, please click here
Please note that we are unable to accept CVs and that this post is subject to a Disclosure Scotland Protection of Vulnerable Groups (PVG) check.
Closing date: 25 January 2022
(Online) Interview Date: 21 February 2022
For any queries regarding the recruitment process, please contact our Recruitment team on 0131 444 3296 or by email to email@example.com.
For an informal chat about the positions please call the Senior Charge Nurses on duty at Robin House (01389 722055).