An exciting Team Leader opportunity (Fixed Term Contract of 9 months) has arisen for a motivated registered children’s nurse with excellent leadership skills and experience of caring for life-limited children and their families.
We are looking for an experienced children’s nurse to lead a team of nurses and care team members working with children with complex health and palliative care needs on a fixed term contract of 9 months. You will need to have experience of working with children and their families, have excellent and sensitive communication skills and have experience leading and managing a team and be hard working and flexible. The rewards though are unique: a caring and nurturing work environment, comprehensive training and support and the opportunity to continue to have patient contact and to deliver high quality care.
Helen & Douglas House cares for terminally ill children, young adults and their families through exceptional hospice care. We provide medical, emotional and practical support, helping families deal with the implications of living with a child who will die prematurely, so they can make the most of their time together. As a charity we rely almost entirely on donations to support our families.
Helen & Douglas House offer the following benefits:
• 27 days holiday plus bank holidays (rising to 28 days after 3 years and 29 days after 5 years)
• We are a direction agency for the NHS Pension Scheme. Membership to the NHS pension scheme is available to employees who have contributed to the NHS pension scheme in the previous 12 months.
• Eyecare voucher scheme
• Childcare voucher scheme
• Cycle scheme
• Occupational sick pay and maternity pay
• A flexible working environment
• Subsidised staff dining facilities