Relationships, Sexuality & Emotional Wellbeing - Webinar 6 of 6
- Start date
- 22 March 2018
- End date
- 22 March 2018
- Start time
- End time
- Together for Short Lives
- Contact email
- Phone number
- 0117 9102465
NEW Transition Webinars
Together for Short Lives is holding a series of linked 1-hour lunchtime webinars on transition to adulthood for young people with life-limiting or life-threatening conditions.
The webinars aim to provide practical guidance to support the implementation of the standards of our Stepping Up framework for transition and an opportunity to share reflections from practice on ensuring that young people experience a good transition and have support to settle in to adult life. The sessions will include reflections on supporting young people with a range of complex health conditions, including those who have severe cognitive impairment.
The webinars will each feature a guest presenter who has experience of working directly with young people with complex life-limiting conditions.
The Webinar Programme
1. Stepping Up to Transition. 8th January 2018, 12:30-1:30pm
An overview of the issues facing young people in transition and an introduction to Stepping Up. Guest speaker: David Strudley, Interim CEO at Rainbows Hospice for Children and Young people, Loughborough and Chair of the UK Transition Taskforce.
2. My perspective on Transition. 22nd January 2018, 12:30-1:30pm
Guest speaker: Leah Booth, Young Avenger
3. Multi-agency Planning with Young People. 5th February 2018, 12:30-1:30pm
Guest speakers: David Widdas, Consultant Nurse for Children with Complex Needs, South Warwickshire NHS Foundation Trust. Alison Cooke, former Director of Care at Rainbows Hospice for Children and Young People, Loughborough.
4. The Importance of parallel planning for end of life care 19th February 2018, 12:30-1:30pm
Guest speaker: Emma Husbands, Consultant in Palliative Medicine, Gloucester Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
5. Bringing together children's & adult services: The experience of an adult hospice. 8th March 2018, 12:30-1:30pm
Guest speaker: Helen Finlinson, Young Adult Care and Transition Lead, St Elizabeth Hospice, Ipswich.
6. Relationships, Sexuality & Emotional Wellbeing of Young People with Life-threatening conditions. 22nd March 2018, 12:30-1:30pm
Guest speaker: Claire de Than, Chair of Sexual Health and Disability Alliance, and Maddie Blackburn, Doctoral Student, The Open University Sexuality Alliance.