Join Together for Short Lives’ digital care forum to share expert advice and seek opinion from children’s palliative care professionals across the globe. Our digital care forum is a safe and private email-based communication that connects like-minded professionals who want to share, exchange and discuss children’s palliative care approaches.
The group is open to any practitioner or professional with an interest in children’s palliative care – you don’t have to be a children’s palliative care expert to join. It’s a free, moderated and private space that helps professionals to support one another in their work caring for seriously ill children. The forum, which is also known as PaedPalCare, is the go-to place if you want to seek or give expert children’s palliative care advice.
How to join
Joining the forum and managing your membership is administered through a mailman email list. Once your email address has been confirmed you will begin to receive list messages from other members direct to your inbox – emails from the list are identifiable as they will have PaedPalCare in the subject line of the email.
Once you have signed up and before you start mailing your messages, please note the following:
- To post a message to the list, the email must be addressed to: email@example.com
- If you are a confirmed member your message will be delivered to all other members and also appear in the mailing list archives that are only accessible to registered PaedPalCare members.
- The mailing list is configured to put the sender not the list address in the reply-to part of the list message. This means that if you use the reply button on your email application the message will NOT go to the mailing list but to the sender of the message.
- To reply to the mailing list you must specifically add the list address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can access a full manual to the mailing list here.
- Before being released to the full list, all emails are moderated by a member of staff at Together for Short Lives – this is to check that messages are relevant and ensure that members do not receive spam, however please note the following disclaimer, especially with regard to any medical matters that are discussed on the list
- All users of the mailing list must read the following disclaimer:Although Together for Short Lives has taken care to moderate the information contained on the digital care forum, we cannot ensure that the contents of this are correct and up to date at the time of publishing. Users are hereby placed under notice that they should take appropriate steps to verify such information. No user should act or refrain from acting on the information contained within this document without first verifying the information and as necessary obtaining legal and/or professional advice. Any opinion expressed is that of the individual PaedPalCare member who posts on the listserve and not that of Together for Short Lives.
Together for Short Lives does not make any warranties, representations or undertakings about the content of any websites or documents referred to within PaedPalCare. Any reliance that you place on the content of the PaedPalCare is at your own risk and Together for Short Lives expressly disclaims all liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage occasioned from the use or inability to use this information whether directly or indirectly resulting from inaccuracies, defects, errors, whether typographical or otherwise, omissions, out of date information or otherwise, even if such loss was reasonably foreseeable and Together for Short Lives had been advised of the possibility of the same. You should be aware that the law can change and you should seek your own professional legal advice if necessary.
If you have any problems using or joining the forum please email email@example.com.