Become a member of Together for Short Lives and be part of the voice for children’s palliative care.
Together for Short Lives is here to make sure the 99,000 seriously ill children and their families can make the most of every moment they have together, whether that’s for years, months or only hours.
Whatever your personal experience of children’s palliative care – if you are a young person with a life-limiting condition, a family member, a healthcare professional, a children’s hospice or if you just want to know more and find out how you can help – join our community to help ensure children and families can get the right support and make the most of every moment together.
Getting the right support can make a lifetime of difference.
Families and young people
Click here to find out about our family community if you are a young person, are caring for, or have cared for a child with a life-limiting condition
Click here to find out how you can support Together for Short Lives and get involved in our work
Our membership reflects the wide range of organisations, service providers and professionals interested in, and dedicated to supporting children and young people with life-shortening conditions. We work with our members to improve the quality of life and the quality of death for all of these children and young people.
Who should join
- Any professional who works to support babies, children or young people with a life-shortening condition, or other disabilities or complex condition. Including:
- Social workers
- Students studying any subject with a view to working with children who might have life-shortening conditions can join for free as Associate members.
- Teams of professionals working in the statutory sector, private sector, or education. Including:
- CCN teams
- Social work teams
- Hospital wards
- University departments
- Voluntary sector organisations supporting children with life-shortening conditions. Including:
- Charities for children with a specific medical condition
- Children’s hospice services
- Providers of respite care
- Children’s wish granting services
- Equipment providers
- Other organisations that represent children and their families
- Voluntary sector children’s palliative care organisations with annual income less than £50K are eligible for free Associate membership.
Being a member of Together for Short Lives opens up a range of benefits, including:
- Access to expert guidance, support and advice through our member briefings, publications and Member Knowledge Hub.
- Free attendance at key forums and masterclasses run by Together for Short Lives.
- Substantial discounts for bookings at our national conferences.
- Being part of a coalition of partners which shares best practice and helps push for changes in policy and practice.