Become a member of Together for Short Lives and be part of the voice for children’s palliative care.
Whatever your personal experience of children’s palliative care – if you are a young person with a life-shortening condition, a family member, a healthcare professional, or if you just want to know more and find out how you can help – join our membership community to help ensure children and families can get the right support and make the most of every moment together.
Families and young people
Click here to find out about our family community if you are a young person, are caring for, or have cared for a child with a life-shortening condition
Click here to find out how you can support Together for Short Lives and get involved in our work
Our membership reflects the wide range of organisations, service providers and professionals interested in, and dedicated to supporting children and young people with life-shortening conditions. We work with our members to improve the quality of life and the quality of death for all of these children and young people.
Who should join
- Any professional who works to support babies, children or young people with a life-shortening condition, or other disabilities or complex condition. Including:
- Social workers
- Students studying any subject with a view to working with children who might have life-shortening conditions can join for free as Associate members.
- Teams of professionals working in the statutory sector, private sector, or education. Including:
- CCN teams
- Social work teams
- Hospital wards
- University departments
- Voluntary sector organisations supporting children with life-shortening conditions. Including:
- Charities for children with a specific medical condition
- Children’s hospice services
- Providers of respite care
- Children’s wish granting services
- Equipment providers
- Other organisations that represent children and their families
- Voluntary sector children’s palliative care organisations with annual income less than £50K are eligible for free Associate membership.
Being a member of Together for Short Lives opens up a range of benefits, including:
- Access to expert guidance, support and advice through our member briefings, publications and member resources library.
- Free attendance at key forums and masterclasses run by Together for Short Lives.
- Being part of a coalition of partners which shares best practice and helps push for changes in policy and practice.
- The opportunity to inform Together for Short Lives’ approach to key issues and influence priorities in the children’s palliative care sector through our member reference groups.
Submit your details online to apply for membership, or register for access to our Members' Area if your employer is already a member.