Payroll Giving: make a lifetime of difference for children and families as you earn
Payroll giving – also known as workplace giving or give as you earn – is a quick and easy way to regularly donate to Together for Short Lives.
A regular donation to Together for Short Lives is an incredible gift that can help us be there for more seriously ill children and their families now, tomorrow and in the future. A small gift from you each month will help more families make the most out of life – no matter how short.
Why donate through Payroll Giving?
- Convenience – it’s simple to set up. Just decide how much you want to give, fill in the form and we do the rest!
- Value – you get full tax relief for your donation, allowing you to give more for less.
- Company matching – some employers also match donations, check if yours does!
- Control & flexibility – you can give as much or as little as you like, and you can stop or vary your gift any time you want.
- Regular income for Together for Short Lives – payroll giving allows us to continually work on providing the best possible support for children and families, now and into the future.
How does payroll giving work?
Setting up a payroll giving donation is quick and easy and doesn’t even require your bank details. Simply select how much you would like to donate and that amount will be deducted each month from your gross pay. Since donations are taken from pre-tax pay, the charity gets more of your donation and it costs you at least 20% less – the most efficient way to make a difference.
Example - 20% tax rate
You choose to donate £8 from your gross pay. The full £8 is received by the charity, but the cost to you from your net pay is only £6.40!
Example - 40% tax rate
You choose to donate £10 from your gross pay. The full £10 is received by the charity, but the cost to you from your net pay is only £6!
Sign up now
You have a few options for how you can sign up for Payroll Giving:
- Print this form, fill it out and bring to your payroll department
- Complete and submit our online form
- Ask your payroll department for their payroll giving form and they can set it up for you
Employer doesn’t have a payroll giving scheme set up? Direct them to our Guide for Employers so they can see all the benefits of payroll giving in your workplace.
Want to know more?