Are you a parent, carer or professional who looks after or knows a child or young person who is expected to have a short life?
If you have questions or are finding it hard to cope, please contact our Together for Families Helpline free on 0808 8088 100.
The helpline is open from 10am until 4pm, Monday – Friday. Outside of these hours and at weekends and Bank Holidays, you can leave a message on our answerphone and we will respond as soon as possible.
Calls are free for callers from a landline as well as specified mobile networks.
Alternatively, you can contact us at any time by emailing our team.
Please note: this is not a crisis service. If you need to speak with someone urgently do call 999 or the Samaritans on 116 123.
“Thank you for listening, seeing me as a mum even though my son is 22 and for letting me cry without trying to fix what can’t be fixed.”a parent caller
The Together for Short Lives Helpline provides a confidential service. This means that we will not share information outside the organisation without your permission. Where calls relate to other areas of the organisation who would be able to help, we will pass on contact details internally to them.
Exceptions to our confidentiality policy
In exceptional circumstances we may need to break confidentiality and share information without your consent.
Circumstances where we may be required to break confidentiality:
- A child or young person is at risk of harm
- An adult is at risk of immediate and significant harm either to themselves or others
- We are required to share information as ordered by the courts
- A threat of terrorism has been made
- A caller is being threatening or abusive to staff or is deliberately misusing the service preventing the helpline being available to support others.
We will always attempt to keep you informed of any action we take if a decision is made to break confidentiality.