Participants will gain an understanding of the nursing care needs of patients (particularly paediatrics) undergoing treatment with cytotoxic medication.
This one day course is aimed at all nurses working in clinical areas, where cytotoxic medication is administered.
Topics covered will include:
– The actions of cytotoxic medication
– A basic knowledge of the side effects and nursing implications of cytotoxic medication in terms of preparation, assessment and monitoring of patients
– The nursing care need and support required for patients and their families undergoing treatment with cytotoxic medication
– Maintaining a safe environment when cytotoxic medication is being administered
– Guidance on the completion Pan London Cancer Network Cytotoxic Chemotherapy Workbook 1
– Information for the completion of workbook 2 within your clinical area
Please visit http://www.royalmarsden.nhs.uk/studydays to book online.