Glasgow Specialist Children’s Services NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde in conjuction with CHAS and the Glasgow Children’s Hospital Charity are pleased to announce the 3rd National Glasgow Paediatric Palliative Care Study Day – A national study day examining holistic aspects of paediatric palliative care and support.
Aim of the day
The central concept of the studay day is to provide healthcare professionals who work at the forefront of paediatric palliative care, the opportunity to gain knowlede from internationally recognised practitioners, researchers and clinicians.
It also aims to reinforce skills, increase confidence in providing palliative care and facilitate the sharing knowledge and experience, providing delegates with a forum for professional networking.
We are excited to bring to you renowned speakers within the field of palliative care from around the UK.
- Dr Richard Hain, Consultant and Lead Clinician in Paediatric Palliative Medicine, Children’s Hopsital Cardiff
- Dr Pat Carragher, Medical Director, Children’s Hospice Association Scotland (CHAS)
- Dr Jan Aldridge, Consultant Clinical Psychologist, Martin House Children’s Hospice
- Rachel Black, Director of Care, Noah’s Ark Children’s Hospice
- Katrian Marshall, Palliative Care Nurse Specialist, West Lothian
- We are also very grateful to Sasha Langton-Gilks, a parent, who will provide us with an insight into the family perspective.
Palliative care topics will include Models of Care; Symptom Management, Ethics; Psychology; Bereavement Support and the Scottish Picture.
Lunch and refreshements will be provided during the day.