This resource is designed to support clinical commissioning groups (CCGs) to effectively commission smooth and well-planned transitions to adulthood for young people with life-limiting and life-threatening conditions between the ages of 13 and 25. It is also intended to help CCGs commission age-appropriate health services for this population group.
The resource covers the following questions:
- What do young people with life-limiting conditions need?
- How does this differ from children or older adults?
- How many young people with life-limiting conditions should CCGs expect to commission care for?
- Who provides services to young people with life-limiting conditions?
- What should CCGs do?
- Who else should be involved in commissioning for this population?
- What outcomes can CCGs improve by implementing these recommendations?
The resource is available as free download only.