Are you a parent or carer who looks after or knows a child or young person who is expected to have a short life? If you have questions or want support, please contact our Together for Families Helpline free on 0808 8088 100.
The helpline works on a call-back basis and is open from 10am until 4pm, Monday-Friday. Outside of these hours and on Bank Holidays, you can still leave a message on our answerphone and we will return your call as soon as we can when the helpline re-opens.
You can also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your helpline query and someone will respond as soon as possible.
The helpline provides:
- information on how to access and get the best out of services locally
- support in using our materials, resources and tools for families
- detailed information about organisations that provide support in all areas of children’s palliative care
- signposting to children’s disability charities, grant-making bodies, bereavement support, counselling, benefits information
- time to talk to trained helpline staff
- details of how to link with other parents
Please help us reach out to more families who may need information and support. Download our Together for Families Helpline poster and put it up at your local doctors or community centre.
In appropriate circumstances our helpline staff will refer you to our Advocacy Support Service for one-to-one support from a legal advocate.
The Together for Short Lives Advocacy Service matches families with legally trained advocates who act on their behalf, assisting families with specific problems they may be facing.
Calls are free for callers from a landline as well as specified mobile networks.
The team at Together for Short Lives looks forward to your call.
Alternatively, you can email us at any time. Please complete our online form and we will contact you. Any information you provide will remain confidential. Please make sure you provide a valid email or phone number so we can get back to you.
Our Advocacy Support Service is generously supported by the Masonic Charitable Foundation and The Goldsmiths’ Company Charity.