The UK Transition Taskforce has set up action groups in each region of England and in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. These Regional Action Groups (RAGs) are established to make links between professionals who work in children’s and adult services in their area and develop new partnerships and services to support young adults with life-limiting conditions.
Our priority is to map Transition Services across the UK in order to identify gaps in provision and inform future development. We want the RAGs to work towards the vision of the UK Transition Taskforce in a non-prescriptive, flexible way. The national Taskforce team will provide support and share learning, but will allow regions to prioritise and drive forward their own areas for development.
To make enquiries about how to get involved in your area, contact:
- Midlands (West and East) – led by Emma Hodges & Mike McDonald
- North East – refer to Richard Whateley
- North West – led by Louise Smith
- Yorkshire and Humber – led by Pam King
- East – led by Helen Finlinson
- South West – led by Amelia Stockley
- South of England – led by Christine May
- London North – refer to Richard Whateley
- London South – led by Ruth Sheridan
- Scotland – led by Scott Read & Claire Turnbull
- Wales – led by Tracy Jones & Megumi Baba
- Northern Ireland – led by Ann McCaffrey
We have developed some overarching Transition Taskforce Operating Principles which can be viewed here.
If you have questions about specific aspects of service development in transition, please contact the Transition Taskforce.