The East Midlands Children’s and Young People’s Palliative Care Network (EMCYPPCN)
This network meets on a quarterly basis and membership is open to any interested practitioners working in the local area.
This network covers Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire, Leicestershire and most of Lincolnshire
The network formed in 2004, following the award of the New Opportunities Funding (NOF) to improve children’s palliative care services across the UK.
The Network developed as a result of the successful allocation of funding to a number of palliative care posts across the East Midlands. The network aimed to support these professionals in their new roles and to share and promote innovative palliative care practice.
It has grown and flourished since then and is now a well supported, active network bringing together representatives from a wide variety of palliative care services from different sectors across the region.
The Network helps to:
- Share clinical initiatives
- Develop joint research and guidelines to influence future practice and discuss specific clinical issues relating to care.
- Facilitate the involvement and dialogue between providers and commissioners and feed into national networks relating to children’s palliative care.
- Influence commissioning of children and young people’s palliative care across the East Midlands area
- Encourage the use of ‘Together for Short Lives’ integrated care pathways to ensure equity of provision across the region and promotes practice which meets standards in the NSF for Children and Young People, Every Child Matters and other national policies.
For more details contact: email@example.com