The Yorkshire and Humberside Children’s Palliative Care Network
This network meets on a quarterly basis and membership is open to any interested practitioners working in the local area.
This network covers West, North and South Yorkshire, and Humberside, which includes a part of Lincolnshire
The Yorkshire and Humberside Children’s Palliative Care Network has been established to enhance the quality of the experience of children and young people requiring palliative care and their families, and to empower and support anyone working in the field of children’s palliative care in Yorkshire and Humberside.
Aims & Objectives:
- To raise awareness of and advocate for the needs of children and their families with life-shortening conditions.
- To share and disseminate good practice, knowledge and research.
- To improve co-ordination and communication between agencies and service providers.
- To build a central evidence base of services.
- To understand the variations in care and the different ways families’ needs might be met thus providing more equitable provision while retaining flexibility.
- To provide a forum for professionals to share experiences and give each other support.
- To develop regional care pathways, including transition from children’s to adult services.
- To establish links with other existing networks that work with children with life-shortening conditions, such as cancer and neonatal networks.
For more details contact: email@example.com