The Scottish Affairs Committee has launched an inquiry into Welfare in Scotland. The Committee will consider the following questions:
- What are the unique drivers of inequality in Scotland? Does Scotland have different welfare needs from the rest of the UK?
- How well is Universal Credit working in Scotland? Are there issues with Universal Credit that are specific to Scotland compared to the rest of the UK?
- What impact has the Benefit Cap had in Scotland? Have certain communities been more disproportionally affected than others?
- What is the impact of the Two-Child Limit on families in Scotland?
- How effective has cooperation been between the UK and Scottish Governments on the devolution of new welfare powers to Scotland?
- What challenges are posed by the DWP administrating benefits on behalf of the Scottish Government? How can these challenges best be managed?
- What changes might be necessary to help manage the transfer of claimants and data from the Department of Work & Pensions to Social Security Scotland?
- What impact could diverging welfare policies in Scotland and the rest of the UK have on welfare claimants in Scotland?
Please email your comments to email@example.com