We have developed a joint manifesto for palliative and end of life care in partnership with Hospice UK, Marie Curie, the National Bereavement Alliance and Sue Ryder.
Ahead of the next UK general election, we call upon all political parties and candidates to commit to policies aimed at making sure everyone affected by dying, death and bereavement gets the best possible care and support.
We’re proud to work jointly with friends and partners across our sector to ensure that politicians from all parties are aware of the challenges we are facing in providing high quality end of life care in the UK. As representatives and providers of end of life care and bereavement support in communities across the country, we have worked together to identify solutions that will make sure families who need us are well supported long into the future.
Palliative and end of life care is a vital part of a healthcare system, and we look forward to working with NHS and government partners to achieve our five goals:
- Deliver a new funding solution for hospices and palliative and end of life care to end the postcode lottery in access
- Introduce a national delivery plan for palliative and end of life care in every nation to support delivery of local services
- Guarantee that palliative and end of life care services meet each individual’s needs, including those of people dying at home
- Act to ensure that nobody dies in poverty and tackle inequalities in palliative and end of life care
- Improve support for families and carers of people with a terminal illness.