‘Tis the season for giving back, but also the busiest time of year for many of us. For that reason we have pulled together some simple ways you can support Together for Short Lives and your local children’s hospice this year. Hopefully some will even help to spark some ideas for Christmas gifts, meals and decorations to help you check even more off your list. This Christmas you can help us create magical memories for seriously ill children and their families at children’s hospices across the UK.
Shine Together with Hobbycraft
Our long-term partner Hobbycraft have brought back their ceramic star decorations this year, with 50p donated to Together for Short Lives with every purchase. The star decoration is the perfect canvas for custom Christmas designs, and you can use the #ShineTogether hashtag to share your creation on social and dedicate it to someone special. The stars are already sold out online, but you can find your nearest Hobbycraft store here.
Send holiday cheer with charity Christmas cards
Looking for the perfect Christmas cards to send to your loved ones? Why not purchase cards that also give back to seriously ill children? Together for Short Lives are grateful to be benefitting from an array of gorgeous cards, including:
- John Lewis’ own brand charity Christmas cards. Available in its stores or buy online here.
- Cheerful Christmas cards sold by Flamingo Paperie. You can find its cards online here.
- Beautiful festive cards from M&S as part of our special partnership with M&S Food… more on that below!
This isn’t just any Christmas. . .
…it’s an M&S Christmas! As part of its commitment to raise £1 million for children’s hospices, M&S Food will be supporting Together for Short Lives through a variety of Christmas products this year.
- M&S’ charity Christmas cards.
- M&S’ new range of Christmas crackers, The World’s Funniest Christmas Crackers, featuring jokes from the nation’s favourite comedians.
- Festive food on the go – Every year, M&S donate 5% of the sales of its festive food on the go to charity. This year, the range will support not one but two amazing causes: Shelter and Together for Short Lives. Enjoy a taste of Christmas, wherever you are, with this year’s must-try festive sarnies, knowing that while it tastes good, you’re doing good.
- You can nominate Together for Short Lives as your chosen Sparks card charity. Every time you shop, M&S will donate 1p to UK children’s hospices.
Create smiles for seriously ill children while you shop
AmazonSmile is a really simple way to give back to Together for Short Lives and do your Christmas shopping at the same time! Instead of doing your Amazon shopping at amazon.co.uk, login to smile.amazon.co.uk. You will find everything exactly the same as on the normal Amazon website, except for the first time you login, when you’re asked to select a charity. Just select Together for Short Lives as your chosen charity and for every purchase bought though smile.amazon.co.uk from then on, Amazon will donate a portion of the purchase price to us – at no cost to you!
Make a difference while you earn with Payroll Giving
A regular donation to Together for Short Lives through Payroll Giving is an incredible gift that can help us be there for more seriously ill children and their families today, tomorrow and in the future. It is a simple, flexible way to donate an amount of your choice each month through your paycheck, before tax, making your donation go even further. Find out more about Payroll Giving or speak directly to your office payroll team.