Children’s hospice services aim to meet the physical, emotional, social and spiritual needs of children, young people and their families. Care is provided by a multi-disciplinary team of specialist staff, all working closely together to ensure seamless support to the entire family(including siblings and grandparents). Children’s hospices provide a wide range of support, including:
• 24 hour telephone support
• practical help, advice and information
• specialist short break care
• specialist therapies, including physiotherapy, complementary therapies, play and music therapy
• 24 hour access to emergency care
• 24 hour end of life care
• care for a child’s body after death
• bereavement support
• information, support and training for parent carers
Children’s hospice services can deliver this care in a child and family-friendly purpose built building and/or in the family’s own home (commonly termed ‘hospice at home’).
To find your nearest service, please head over to our service directory. You can find further information in the Get Support section of our website, or you can call our Together for Families Helpline on 0808 8088 100.