East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices (EACH) supports families and cares for children and young people with life threatening conditions across Cambridgeshire, Essex, Norfolk and Suffolk.
Over the past 30 years, EACH has developed an enviable reputation in the field of children’s palliative care.
We are the largest provider of palliative and end of life care and support for children and their families in East Anglia, delivering a comprehensive range of services in our hospices, family homes, hospital and wider community.
All three of our hospices; The Nook (Norfolk), The Treehouse (Ipswich) and Milton (Cambridge) were rated OUTSTANDING by the Care Quality Commission
Location: The Treehouse, Ipswich – IP3 8NS with an element of hybrid working
Part-Time, 30 hours per week
Salary £22,000 – £23,000, pro rata, per annum
Comprehensive range of benefits:
- Free onsite parking & Subsidised meals
- Flexibility of hybrid working
- Enhanced Annual leave Entitlement – 27 days + 8 UK Bank Holidays
- Additional holiday purchase scheme
- AVIVA pension package – up to 7% Employer Contribution inc Life Assurance
- NHS pension – continuation of if already contributing
- Free Eye Tests
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
An experienced and professional administrative assistant
Do you have:
- A proven ability to provide administrative support
- Experience of preparing papers and taking minutes at meetings
- Excellent IT skills and an interest in providing a high standard of support
- Support the management of the electronic diaries of the Director of Care and Heads of Service
- Provide administrative support and coordination for meetings as delegated by the Executive
- Assistant including preparing and circulating meeting papers and producing minutes
- To act as a point of contact for the Senior Care Team, proactively prioritising and following up on actions, dealing and responding to queries and forwarding them as appropriate
Reports directly to the Executive Assistant to the Director of Care and Assistant Director – Service & Quality
At EACH, we are committed to promoting equality and respecting diversity. We actively welcome applications from all sections of the community and from eligible candidates from BAME backgrounds. EACH is also committed to the recruitment and retention of people with disabilities.
EACH is proud to be Investors in People accredited.
EACH reserves the right to close this vacancy early, should we receive a sufficient number of applications.
This post is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check prior to appointment.
It is a criminal offence for people who are barred from working in Regulated Activity (under the Safeguarding and Vulnerable Groups Act 2006) to apply for roles that require them to work unsupervised with that particular group.
EACH has a legal responsibility to ensure that its employees have the legal right to live and work in the UK. Therefore, if you are made an offer of employment, this will be subject to verification that you are eligible to work in the UK before you start work.