We would like to invite you to join our Care Team as a Nurse where you will benefit from a vibrant culture tailored to help you thrive in whatever your career goals are! As part of our remarkable team within our expanding service, you will have the opportunity to deliver excellent standards of care and contribute positively towards maintaining our outstanding reputation for inclusive, inspiring, and impactful care.
Helen & Douglas House is a registered hospice charity based in Oxford, providing palliative, respite, end-of-life and bereavement care to life-limited children and their families. We foster a climate where team members feel able to openly question, debate and appropriately challenge their own and the practice of others; as such, we welcome new ideas and strive to constantly improve our delivery of care to our patients. Our Care Team consists of talented individuals who share the passion of improving the lives of seriously unwell children and their families through prevention and relief of suffering by means of impeccable assessment and treatment of pain and other problems, physical, psychological, and spiritual.
You will be an RNC/RSCN/RNLD with paediatric experience, or an RGN (adult nurse) with significant experience and clinical competencies achieved working with babies, children, and young people, looking for a flexible opportunity to provide quality care to babies, children, and young people with palliative and complex care needs.
We are always looking for enterprising and innovative approaches to the way we provide our services and take a multi-disciplinary approach to the care we provide at Helen House. We strive to empower our Care Team to deliver the highest quality family-centred care; to achieve this, we will focus on your professional development and work to expand your knowledge and skills through relevant healthcare courses/training.
In order to facilitate clinical and holistic care, you will be working a variety of shifts across a rota including days, evenings and weekends. Full-time and part-time hours considered, with a minimum of 4 days per week / 30 hours per week.
Helen & Douglas House offer the following employee benefits:
- Reimbursement of NMC professional registration fees.
- 27 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, rising to 28 days after 3 years, and 29 days after 5 years of service.
- Flexible Annual Leave: buy or sell up to 5 days of Annual Leave per year.
- Life assurance x4 your annual salary.
- We are a direction agency for the NHS Pension Scheme.
- Group Personal Pension scheme with 7% employer contribution.
- Eye care voucher scheme.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Occupational sick pay and maternity pay.
- Enhanced maternity leave and shared paternity leave.
- A flexible working environment.
- Investment in your Continuous Professional Development.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Recommend a friend scheme.
- Commitment to Equality, Diversity & Inclusion. We welcome applications from all areas of the community and run regular in-house EDI-focused events and workshops.
Please note that everyone working for Helen & Douglas House are required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check. Helen & Douglas House is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We are an equal opportunities employer and value the benefits of a diverse workforce. We positively encourage applications from all areas of the community.